Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a little trip - Photos (Fixed links)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a little trip - Photos (Fixed links)

We are in the midst of a trip across the Northwest, starting with a fabulous 4 day Blues Festival in Portland over the Fourth of July and then continuing to Coeur D 'Alene Idaho for my wife Kate's Family gathering. In between those two I managed to sneak in some car and Studebaker events and meet with some Studebaker Friends.

First car stop was a great display at the Portland Art Museum called the Allure of the Automobile. No Stude content there, but some amazing vehicles none the less:

Next was a visit to the Western Antique Aero and Auto Museum in Hood Oregon. This is a great museum where everything in there is flyable or drivable and every 2nd Saturday they start them up and take them out and play with them, fly some of the planes and drive the cars around. Going in I asked about Studebakers and they said they had a few. I counted 7, see if you can find them! I only took a few photos here, but there was many many planes and cars to see. I recommend it if you are in the neighborhood.

Western Antique Aero and Auto Museum, Hood River Oregon

Next we stopped at The Dalles Oregon to visit Steve and Melody Hudson. We were flattered to find out that they organized a cruise-in in our honor! Actually the regular Wednesday night cruise. Was great to see Steve again and meet Melody.

We are in Coeur D' Alene now, will keep looking for more Studebakers to share

Pat
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 07-09-2011, 09:50 AM.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Thanks for great pics, Pat, though I admit I was hoping for one of your STU COOL '53 and Steve's '53 in the same shot. Two of my three favorite custom 53's. Someday I hope to get a picture of yours, Steve's, and ours together.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
      Thanks for great pics, Pat, though I admit I was hoping for one of your STU COOL '53 and Steve's '53 in the same shot. Two of my three favorite custom 53's. Someday I hope to get a picture of yours, Steve's, and ours together.
      From my files....

Pat, with your permission, I would like to put this story in Hawk Talks. Unless of course you want to write up something else.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey Pat, is that the original Stingray SS mule racer that Gm built in the Portland Art Museum on display or is it a copy. The real one Elvis drove in the movie Clam Bake and was painted red, I know they painted it back to silver after the movie. Thanks for the pics, they are great!
        Regards Brian.
        Last edited by packardHawk58; 07-09-2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: add some more text
        Brian Greenall
        Melbourne, OZ
        sigpic

Comment

cool photos Pat lot in my favorite vacation place Oregon

Comment

Jon, You may use whatever you want. Print away. Tim, Steve and I talked about trying to make the La Palma show some day, maybe that would be the chance to get them all together. Brian, I believe that is the real-deal Stingray prototype displayed in Portland. Glad you all enjoyed the photos.

Pat
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Thanks for those terrific photos. Loved the plethora of Studes in that museum. Nice job.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

WOW Pat !!!!!!! thanks for sharing. I love the lines on the cars from the first group of pics. Safe Travels

Comment

Great Pictures Pat!
                  You said the Northwest. Are you coming to Canada??
                  Feel free to stop in for a visit....We would love to meet you in Kate in person and see your car.
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  PS Coeur D' Alene is only 5 1/2 hours from our place.
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Brian, Sorry, no we are headed back to CA after this. And we do not have the Studebaker with us, driving the wife's CRV. We enjoy Coeur d' Alene, maybe we will be back and can include a trip further North.

Thanks everyone
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA

Comment

First car stop was a great display at the Portland Art Museum called the Allure of the Automobile. No Stude content there, but some amazing vehicles none the less:

I would say the Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow would qualify as Stude content. Close enough.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post

I would say the Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow would qualify as Stude content. Close enough.
                        You just stole the angle off my turn on his story....
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Well, you learn something new every day!
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Working...
                          X