Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1961 Stude sedan here in Phoenix. 259/3spd/OD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Stude sedan here in Phoenix. 259/3spd/OD.

I'm assuming that it's still for sale. The interior is ragged but the body is almost showroom condition; read that virtually NO rust or dents. And it does start and run.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Given your description of the body, not a bad price, but still probably all the money, being a 4 door and a 61.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

How can you tell its got overdrive? My eyes aren't good enough to see the firewall details even with a magnifying glass and knowing what to look for...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
        How can you tell its got overdrive? My eyes aren't good enough to see the firewall details even with a magnifying glass and knowing what to look for...
        I went and looked at the car in person. It does have the pullout lever for the OD.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I should have figured that! Tipoff should have been that you said that the interior is ragged....although given AZ sun that would be a fairly safe guess

Comment

He does say; "Make an offer".
            It is a Deluxe.
            I wonder why it has hood pins.
            I wonder if it blew off the oil filler/breather cap due to crankcase pressure. The air cleaner is probably just left off while trying to get it to run.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Might as well count on it needing a motor overhaul also, with no cleaner and the recent sand storms we've had you can kiss those piston rings bye bye.............

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
              http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/2456413928.html

I'm assuming that it's still for sale. The interior is ragged but the body is almost showroom condition; read that virtually NO rust or dents. And it does start and run.

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Working...
              X