Mr. Biggs - '58 Provincial progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Biggs - '58 Provincial progress?

Mr. Biggs, we have not heard much about your '58 Provincial lately. Are you driving it to South Bend?

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

No Paul,

I actually announced some time ago, that I wouldn't be driving anything to South Bend. When it costs me $400 to fly round trip - and I figure it would cost me that much in gas and eats just to get out of the edge of this state - I'm gonna take to the skies.
    As to the wagon, I just extracted it from the garage where it's been since last fall. It's now waiting for another Stude to clear the shop so it can have that berth.
    I'm planning on removing the whole doghouse so I can swap the engine and trans as well as redo the whole front end and add disc brakes.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No Paul,

I actually announced some time ago, that I wouldn't be driving anything to South Bend. When it costs me $400 to fly round trip - and I figure it would cost me that much in gas and eats just to get out of the edge of this state - I'm gonna take to the skies.
      As to the wagon, I just extracted it from the garage where it's been since last fall. It's now waiting for another Stude to clear the shop so it can have that berth.
      I'm planning on removing the whole doghouse so I can swap the engine and trans as well as redo the whole front end and add disc brakes.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Well look at that. We converted Bob to the dark side. So how soon will you have the Chevy 350/Turbo 350 combo installed, and who did you get the Mustang II set up from. The rack & pinion steering will really make that car responsive...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Well look at that. We converted Bob to the dark side. So how soon will you have the Chevy 350/Turbo 350 combo installed, and who did you get the Mustang II set up from. The rack & pinion steering will really make that car responsive...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

"We converted Bob to the dark side."

Heh-heh.... obviously, you and I could read the same, definitive book and come to two different conclusions.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Heh-heh.... obviously, you and I could read the same, definitive book and come to two different conclusions.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

LOL, I couldn't resist Bob.

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

LOL, I couldn't resist Bob.

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

'ats OK Tom! I took it for fun! Turner brakes - delrin bushings, that's about as modified as the front end's gonna be. Then there's that 321cu.in. engine (NO - it's NOT a Pontiac motor!)and HD Flight-o just waiting to go in. Of course, not gonna happen until well after South Bend.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

'ats OK Tom! I took it for fun! Turner brakes - delrin bushings, that's about as modified as the front end's gonna be. Then there's that 321cu.in. engine (NO - it's NOT a Pontiac motor!)and HD Flight-o just waiting to go in. Of course, not gonna happen until well after South Bend.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

When it costs me $400 to fly round trip - and I figure it would cost me that much in gas and eats just to get out of the edge of this state - I'm gonna take to the skies.
                        I understand that totally! At $3.50/gallon, it doesn't take long to eat up some BIG bucks driving.

Your plans for the car sound great, keep us informed (with pictures<G&gt.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

When it costs me $400 to fly round trip - and I figure it would cost me that much in gas and eats just to get out of the edge of this state - I'm gonna take to the skies.
                          I understand that totally! At $3.50/gallon, it doesn't take long to eat up some BIG bucks driving.

Your plans for the car sound great, keep us informed (with pictures<G&gt.

Paul

Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Working...
                          X