New To Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Group

I am just getting my first Studebaker. A 1938 State Commander. I have been a Chevy guy in the past and a tuner guy recently, but feel my family will appreciate the rich history of this new build!! We are so excited!!!! So.. I see that Google doesn't have much to offer.. does anyone know some places I can look to for information on my vehicle?? I know I need a gas tank for sure... would love to find some A/C (saw a flyer on google from 1939 about a new climate control they introduced) Hope to hear some input and I look forward to chatting with you all!!
    Last edited by pastormatt; 07-07-2011, 02:01 PM.
    Pastor Matt Crump
    pastormattcrump@gmail.comsigpic

You found the place, Matt!
    The SDC website is a cornucopia of Studebaker info, with resources for parts and accessories, even clothing and stuff for the Studebaker "lifestyle".
    And this forum is where you can connect with StudeFolk from around the world.
    So.... welcome! We hope you've found a home!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

welcome!!!
      we have several members of the "Eastern NC Studebaker Drivers Club" in the fayetteville area. website: http://southlandcarclub.com/enccstudebakerdriversclub/

i may have a extra service or parts manual for your car. i'll have to check.
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Good to have you here!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I hope you've joined the Studebaker Drivers Club. Best folks anywhere and lots of good information for working on a Studebaker.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Welcome to the group!
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

here here! welcome to the gang! really helpful bunch of guys and gals around here!

SHAUN

Comment

Matt,
                I live in Fayetteville and am the newsletter editor for the Eastern North Carolina Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. I would certainly like to welcome you to Studebakerdom and also invite you to join our chapter. There are three of us in the Fayetteville area who are active in the ENCSDC. I will send you an email to get a little more information so I can get a newsletter to you.

Joe Roberts
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Welcome Pastor Matt; I'm glad you found us. There is a lot of help around here.
                  No one has mentioned the Antique Studebaker Club yet. It caters to pre-WWII cars, and trucks (to 1948.) On the home page of the SDC site down at the bottom left is "Valuable Links". You will find a link to the ASC there. The ASC Forum is not nearly as active as is this one. The ASC also publishes The Antique Studebaker Review which is a great benefit to members with pre-War cars.

I'm happy to learn of someone interested in pre-War cars. I notice in my area they are seen less and less at cruises and shows. Good luck with your "new" Studebaker. I hope you and your family enjoy it.
                  If I can get my photo resized I'll post a pic of my '40 President.
                  JWW (John Wherry)
                  Clinton, PA

Comment

photobucket was cranky, but I persisted.

Comment

Originally posted by pastormatt View Post
                      I am just getting my first Studebaker. A 1938/39 State Commander. I have been a Chevy guy in the past and a tuner guy recently, but feel my family will appreciate the rich history of this new build!! We are so excited!!!! So.. I see that Google doesn't have much to offer.. does anyone know some places I can look to for information on my vehicle?? I know I need a gas tank for sure... would love to find some A/C (saw a flyer on google from 1939 about a new climate control they introduced) Hope to hear some input and I look forward to chatting with you all!!
                      I hope you don't mean air conditioning for A/C. The climate control was just a fancy name for a heater. Air conditioning was not offered until the mid 50's on Studebakers.
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JWW View Post

photobucket was cranky, but I persisted.
                        very nice, mr. w!!!
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Thanks, Kerry. This pic was taken some years ago. The paint has deteriorated over the years, and needs attention. I was going to have it refurbished (as a driver) last summer, but got caught up in a new roof and remodeling project that took away the budget for Studes.
                          I'd love to get it back on the road. The straight eight is unbelievable.

JWW
                          Last edited by JWW; 07-05-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that info... Guess I'll have to put some ice in the car or something under the seats ;-)
                            Pastor Matt Crump

Comment

Joe -
                              Got your email and I look forward to meeting you!! If you have time or are in the area... I'm always at my shop.. I own Sandhills Music in Fayetteville in the Bordeaux Shopping Center.
                              Pastor Matt Crump

Comment

Working...
                              X