Studebaker Building demo in the news 7/3/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Building demo in the news 7/3/2011

This morning's Indianapolis Star included the following article.

Although the text is the same, as it appeared in the print version of the paper, there was a photo of Studebaker's Engineering Building in the final stages of demolition and the headline's subtitle was;

South Bend builds on Studebaker Legacy with High Research Expectations

Readers will note the reference to Purdue University being "The Gold Standard when it comes to economic development." Hail Purdue! BP

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Must be something in the Big 10 waters... the powers that be here in Nebraska are saying the same thing (economic development) about the redevelopment of the old Nebraska state fair grounds into the University of Nebraska Innovation Campus.

The two campuses have something in common too, nearly everything was there was bulldozed flat.

Jrff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Comment

Personally, Jeff, I think things went to h*ll in a handbasket when they discontinued the well-regarded Nebraska Tractor Tests! <GGG>

(When did they do that, anyway?)

Hey, and Welcome to The Big Ten! (Don't worry; any time Purdue beats Nebraska in the fall football season, you'll likely have Hapless Indiana University to 'whup on later on.) <GGG> BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X