Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very nice looking and Rare REGAL '61 Lark 4 Dr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice looking and Rare REGAL '61 Lark 4 Dr.

This '61 is looking to be in very good shape for it's age, and surviving Regal Lark Sedans in '61 and '62 are very rare!

Here is the link to eBay: http://tinyurl.com/3vt5bv3

I think a former owner might have been an electrician though!

Maybe he was also a Mathematician!

Quote: "Mileage: 5,981 miles"
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-01-2011, 04:09 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

That bundle of wires looks a lot like what Barney was sportin' when I first got him!

I think "electrician" was the last thing these two guys were...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Rich, why do you drag this car off e-bay to the forum?
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Pretty much so you don't have to Bob. It is a very nice car and maybe someone here could get it for a fair price, I don't know the reserve but it would not take much to replace the bumpers, Tail Lights, deck Moulding and repair the wiring, the ad says it has a fairly freshly rebuilt engine.

I did think the ad had a bit of humor though, some people are just not detail oriented enough to see their obvious mistakes I guess.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 07-01-2011, 10:17 PM.
        StudeRich
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Drew $1,786 last week, reserve not met.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

As a newbie, can someone explain to me what distinguishes this as a 'Regal" trim model?

Comment

Rich, what's that master cylinder off of? I recall the Stude having a single, small twist cap with a big screw driver slot fill the reservoir.
              Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 07-02-2011, 05:01 AM.
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                Rich, what's that master cylinder off of? I recall the Stude having a single, small twist cap with a big screw driver slot fill the reservoir.
                Ya got me, I saw that too. I have never seen a single master with a bail wire clip like that.
                I have heard that the Lark M/C IS a Chevy. so if that is the case, there would be many different aftermarket types that look different than the original.
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Deluxe vs Regal

Originally posted by ColsCommander View Post
                  As a newbie, can someone explain to me what distinguishes this as a 'Regal" trim model?
                  There are many things different from one trim level to another on Studebakers depending on year. But the one constant will always be the INTERIOR. You always get a much better interior on all models and years when you upgrade.

My opinion on WHY the rarity of '61 and '62 Regals I have said here at least twice before, they never SOLD like '59-'60 even given the lower rate of total sales those years.

But if you missed it; I think they should have had more EXTERIOR clues to them being Regals on '61-'62 like they did on '59-'60.

On a '61 at least you get 4 headlights and a Chrome Surround Moulding on the Grille, drip rail mouldings and a really rare and cool "C" pillar nameplate that has the climbing Lark and the word "Lark" in a chrome oval.

On the '62, they all have 4 headlights, and all you get is the drip rail mouldings.
                  In those days you were proud that you had a Impala vs a cheapy Biscayne, and you wanted people to know it, so the exterior trim always looked better, Studebaker missed that those 2 years.

If you look closely at this Car's interior you may see full carpeting, a padded dash, way better style door panels with Chrome Silver Vinyl Trim, and nicer seat upholstery than a Deluxe, '61's had one of the sharpest looking interiors ever!

You have to remember that we always had a New Studebaker in our driveway, many times a different one every DAY. Dad's Demos usually never lasted more than a couple weeks at most, before he or someone sold it, and he would be "fishing" for a Stude. on the used car lot with GAS!
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 07-02-2011, 10:04 AM.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich gave a good description, but for newbies it should be mentioned that dual headlights were an option on 1961 Lark Deluxe models, so dual headlights, in themselves, do not a Regal make (for 1961). I have owned both Deluxe and Regal models for 1961. To me the interiors are like night and day. IIRC, that neat C-pillar item was only on Regal four door sedans.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X