Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

52 Stubebake Champion running for first time in 30 years....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Stubebake Champion running for first time in 30 years....

So we installed all new brake lines, new brakes, still waiting for rear shoes and light bulbs and it will be road worthy. Put on new 2.5" exhaust pipe out the passenger side, I have two new fenders, re-did the gas tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, new tires, new wiring, new radiator and pipes and the car starts right up... nothing has been done to the motor except fluid change. Gotta love Studebaker quality.. I drove it around the field and it seems to shift smoothly. With the inline 6 and a 2.5" exhaust it sounds pretty cool. Here is a video...

oh ya, does sound sweet! Reminds me of an old '63 Rambler my Dad gave to me an' my brother way back in the mid 70's. I was in grade 8, my bro in grade 9. First thing we did was rip off the muffler, put a 'straight pipe' on it the exited right where yours does. Sounded so sweet for a weak-kneed flat head six. We made a race track around my friends farm, and drove the wheels off that car....that sure taught us how to handle a car on slippery surfaces (mud) which later led to a short but crazy-fun time racing cars on frozen lakes! Enjoy that car, and thanks for sharing. Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

nice story junior. thanks for sharing.

Comment

30 years? Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together. It is a lovely sound, all the best with the rest of your project.

Comment

Always good to hear of another Studebaker running again. Double for me if it's a 52 and a Starlight coupe.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X