When gold isn't gold. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When gold isn't gold. . .

Speaking of Speedster paint combo's, the old Turning WheelsSpeedster article listed one later production car as White/Gold/White. The production order I bought for that one lists Rinshed-Mason Gold #E21N014 as the paint code for the "gold." Correspondence with Rinshed-Mason brought the info that this correspopnds to 55 Packard code "N" Agate. But that is a non-metallic tan. . . doesn't look "gold" at all. Is there some way to verify that the museum transcribed the production order correctly for that Rinshed-Mason number?

Paul
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Paul, which TW issue features the Speedster?

Comment

Paul, which TW issue features the Speedster?
      The Studebaker Almanac in the Sept. 1998 issue.

Paul

Comment

I take it that you do know there is "Metal" Gold like a '57 Golden Hawk, and then there is also "Yellow" Gold, just a darker, creamy White/Yellow like the 1956 Studebaker Gold, which to some people looks Tan, but really is NOT.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I take it that you do know there is "Metal" Gold like a '57 Golden Hawk, and then there is also "Yellow" Gold, just a darker, creamy White/Yellow like the 1956 Studebaker Gold, which to some people looks Tan, but really is NOT.
          Yes.
          I'd be a lot happier if the original color was closer to the 57 or 58 metallic gold. The Photoshop'd picture for my avatar pic is way too close to the 1956 Studebaker Sunrise (or Sun-something) Gold for my liking. But if it really IS the same as 1955 Packard Agate, I'll probably go with the original colors of Coral/Pimlico/Coral when I get to that point. I just don't like what BASF/Rinshed-Mason identifies as a "gold" with the number on the production order for the experimental color. I don't like Coral that much either. But if I don't like the actual gold used on that one late "exerimental" Speedster, I might as well keep it strictly original.

Paul

Comment

If you don't care for coral, why not Congo Ivory with the Pimlico Grey? always loved that combination.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X