Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prestolite alternator for Lark. Worthwhile? Worthless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prestolite alternator for Lark. Worthwhile? Worthless?

Greetings fellow Studebaker enthusiasts. First post. Easy boys......
    About 35 years ago, my neighbor gave me a Studebaker Lark. I don't remember the exact year of the car (I was in grade school!), but I think it was a '62 or '63. I do remember it was black, four door, had a V8 and a three-on-the tree. It was rusted beyond repair and I my dad eventually scrapped it out.
    ANYWAY, before he did that, I managed to take the alternator off of it. I took it apart, put in new brushes and put it away in my chest tool box.
    Well, fast forward to today and I need to clean every thing out. Is it worth anything?
    Prestolite ALK5001 I think.
    I'm a car enthusiast myself so I hate it when good parts get scrapped that I need.

It is a needed part for those that want to keep their Studebaker original, and parts are available to rebuild them, the Bearings are usually one of the first things to go.

They are not worth a huge amount of money, but good to use as is, if it works, as a builder or a core to build later. These were used on all Studebaker Cars from 1963 to 1966.

Thank you very much for posting this, someone here will need it.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would put it on Ebay for sure. Probably will net you about $50 or more.
      John
      1963 Avanti R2
      Marshall, VA

Comment

Here's one on ebay right now. Follow this to determine value.

Comment

Yep. That's the one. I maybe biased, but I think my alternator is in better shape.
          Thanks for your time.

Comment

If only I had saved a few things I tinkered with when I was in grammar school.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X