RBQ 2392 is back on the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBQ 2392 is back on the road!

I picked up my "orphaned orphan" '76 Avanti II from the engine builder this afternoon. It has been going through a complete engine teardown and rebuild since early April. The 400 was bored .30 over, so now is a 406. New pistons, hydraulic roller cam, intake manifold, 650 carb, headers, headwork, exhaust system and "Bling" completed the build. The engine dyno-ed 360 hp and 460 lbs of torque after being put back together. A rebuilt 200 R4 was also swapped in for the TH 400. An 80 mile round trip cruise on I-57 tonight @ 70 mph yielded 22.1 mpg, much better than the 12.5 mpg I had gotten before the work was done. I was disappointed I had to drive my Crosstour out to Springfield MO last week, but I'm gearing up for driving out to Gettysburg on the 12th for the Avanti meet.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Wow! driving a Crosstour must be about as embarrassing as driving a Lacrosse!! Lol! Where DO they get these horrible names?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There must be someone in charge in the horrible name department that equally dispenses the latest names to all the companies. It definitely was embarrassing to drive a Honda to my first Stude International Meet! The Crosstour is a great car to drive, but not to a Stude meet. Its like the song I'm on the outside looking in. I'm hoping that I'll feel more into the swing of things driving the Avanti II out to Gettysburg.
      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Who knows, maybe the Honda has some old Studebaker steel in it :-)
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

nothing embarassing about my lacrosse - seating for five, a large trunk and luxurious interior, and 31 mpg highway!
          61 lark cruiser
          64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Lacross is Canada's national sport. No crap! The natives taught it to the fur traders. It's meaner than hockey and the natives usually win.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Didn't get to bring my Stude either, but did drive a rental 2011 Hyundai Sonata, i was impressed, it got 34.9mpg going to Springfield and 35.2 back home. Tulsa to Springfield is 181 miles, + what i drove to the fairgrounds a couple of times + going to eat at Lamberts restaurant. it used 7.4 gallons to fill it up for the trip home.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Too bad I didn't install a 300 gal. tank in the back of the Crosstour so I could have brought cheap gas back to the Chicago area. $3.289 when I left Springfield MO and $3.899 getting back into Crook County, IL. And the reason why I get to "contribute" another $.50 per gallon when filling up is???????
                sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                X