Springfield Pix Aplenty (with extras)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield Pix Aplenty (with extras)

OK - here's a buttload of pix from the day of the Concourse at the Meet that I took.
    Starts off with pix of Midway Chapter Studes at a local show near Wichita two weeks ago.
    A couple pix of my garden snuck in there, somehow.
    And finally - 120 shots from Springfield!
    ENJOY!

(the last pic is one of my crazy music biz friends)
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Who cares? Just a bunch of old cars. Seen one, you seen 'em all.

Kidding!! Loved the pictures!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks for the Pic's Chris, thanks for taking pic's of the models, they were judging when i tried to look at them and they wouldn't let me in.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Hey you missed some

Some prewar beauties, the gang of 3 (as I call them) from California.

And these side by side.

I'm just messin' with ya to have a little fun. Since you poked at me in another thread. All in good fun.
        Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 06-28-2011, 05:56 AM.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, as I understood we had around 300 cars on the lot. I didn't take pix of them all, just the ones that really got me.
          Wish we had someway to record the smells of the cars.... the purple bulletnose with the trailer smelled like grapes. If you were downwind it got pretty potent.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
            Wish we had someway to record the smells of the cars.... the purple bulletnose with the trailer smelled like grapes. If you were downwind it got pretty potent.

I didn't get that close to that one... I'll take your word for it. But there were many old car smells that brought back memories. Just one element of any show that requires you to be present and experience.
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Very nice cars and photos. I especially like the 55President coupe sorta wine red with cragars. Who belongs to that? Wowser cheers jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Hello, Chris.

Any chance you have additional pics or info on the red Lark wagon in photo #68 (the one hiding behind the gold & white '57 wagon). It appears to be a '59 like mine and I'd love a closer look.
                Thanks,

JSC

Comment

Originally posted by Play Wagon View Post
                  Hello, Chris.

Any chance you have additional pics or info on the red Lark wagon in photo #68 (the one hiding behind the gold & white '57 wagon). It appears to be a '59 like mine and I'd love a closer look.
                  Thanks,JSC
                  Lots of pics of it are over in the 2011 Springfield Forum where they belong.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X