Bullet Nose HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Nose HELP?

I am not up on my 50-51 Bullet Nose parts, but need information.
    I am purchasing parts for 50 - 51 front ends and need to know what interchanges with what.....and which parts are unique to specific models....Champion, Commander, Land cruiser, etc.
    Just front sheet metal and related parts,. ie. wiskers, grills, headlight bezels, park lights, headlight buckets, nose, front fenders, hood, lower gravel pan, bumpers, and trim??????
    Thanks for any imput.
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Large question, I've some answers. (Sheetmetal forward of the cowl)

'50 Champion does not interchange with '50 Commander/Landcruiser.

'50 Champion may interchange with '51 both.

'50 Commander/Landcruiser does not interchange with '51 anything.

'50 Commander/Landcruiser has/had about 8 inches longer front wheelbase than anything else.

Comment

The 50 Bulletnose can be installed on the 51 but I don't know if it bolts directly. The grilles are not interchangeable between 50 & 51. I believe the taillight assemblies can be swapped around from 50 through 52. The inner fenders are different between 50 Champions and the 51 models so I don't think the sheet metal is any easy swap.
      \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
      Jim Mann
      Victoria, B.C.
      Canada

Comment

The bullet is the only thing on the front clip that will interchange between a '50 champ & a 50 commander.

The headlight bezels & buckets and the hood will interchange between a '50 champ & 51 cars.

You can mount '51 fenders (the outer skins) on a '50 champ, but you can't put '50 champ fenders on a '51 (the wheel openings are longer to compensate for the longer wheelbase). The inner fender aprons are different too.

The hood

Mike Sal

Comment

Really Brian, this is a case of put the '50 stuff on a '50 also match Commander to Commander and Champion to Champion. And the '51 stuff on a any '51, ...pretty much the bottom line, they don't mix.

And don't even ask about the Chassis/Suspension parts, they are like NIGHT and DAY, not even close!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 06-23-2011, 08:08 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Tom, Jim,Sal & Rich.
            No I am not trying to mix and match for a new Hot Rod project.
            I have just been purchasing some 50 -51 stuff over the past 6 months just in case I get a Bullet nose car some day. Not allowed to buy any more cars at this time. I am supposed to be selling some of my cars and car parts.(that is a whole other story)
            But, my lack of Bullet Nose knowledge has landed me some parts that I maybe should not have purchased.
            I have three 50 Champ noses, a 51 4dr car, and now some Commander Headlight bezels.???????????????
            Is the Commander Center nose cone different from the Champ's? Not the bullet itself but the sheet metal??
            And are the chrome wiskers and grills different?
            Are the Champ nose cones the same 50 & 51 except for the bullet?
            Brian
            Allen....I thought I would get something from you??
            & Roy????
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I sent you a private mail, but you know its one stop shopping here. Allen

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                I am not up on my 50-51 Bullet Nose parts, but need information.
                I am purchasing parts for 50 - 51 front ends and need to know what interchanges with what.....
                Are you kidding???? ANYthing will interchange with ANYthing. Have you never heard of the "Bigger Hammer" school of auto restoration?

John
                Last edited by Johnnywiffer; 06-24-2011, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Johnnywiffer,

Apparently you watch British TG. The big guy, J. Clarkson, uses a hammer to fix everything!!!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

hey Brian, just came across this stuff....little bit of a drive, at least it's in the right province. Cowl might be good to turn a tin top into a roadster or some such thing. regards, Junior.
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Relative to the front end shown by Junior, I enjoyed the cable/spring securing the drivers side fender to the block. I know, its a throttle return spring, but it looks useful.

Comment

Working...
                      X