Interior Wood Graining Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Wood Graining Question

Does anyone have a good recommendation for someone who does the wood graining applications to the dash and window trim? Or...any product supplier with a kit or something?
    Thanks

There was a guy at the South Bend meet selling his service. I do not have a business card, but I talked to him. Very talented guy. Someone in the Michiana Chapter should be able to help you. The kit is about $800 just to buy to try it yourself.

Comment

About 100 years ago (slight exaggeration, 1967) I wanted to wood grain the dash of my '53 Chevy hot rod truck. I bought a wood grain "antiquing kit" at a craft store and practiced with the cheap kit on wood. Basically it was a light tan base coat of paint and a darker wood color. After painting the base coat, you used the darker wood color and applied it with cheese cloth to give it the "wood grain" look.

After getting comfortable with the process, I bought two small cans of automotive enamel in similar colors and wood grained the dash of the truck. It looked great. It sat in my parents yard for over a year while I was away in Vietnam and was still looking great when I sold the truck to pay my tuition one semester when I was in college. Never have tried it since.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
        There was a guy at the South Bend meet selling his service. I do not have a business card, but I talked to him. Very talented guy. Someone in the Michiana Chapter should be able to help you. The kit is about $800 just to buy to try it yourself.
        That would be Terry Frye, sorry I dont have a number for him at this time.
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Many advertise this service in Hemming's Motor News. Tho old guy I used in Oakland, Ca died.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Terry Frye is in Middleton , Wisconsin. His phone # is 608-831-3314, and his E-mail is m547man@yahoo.com. He is a great guy, and does exceptional work. He'll treat you well. Bill Van Alstyne

Comment

Here you go...... (More evil street rodder stuff)
              http://www.julianos.com/wood_grainpic.html
              HTIH
              Jeff

Originally posted by Barn Find View Post
              Does anyone have a good recommendation for someone who does the wood graining applications to the dash and window trim? Or...any product supplier with a kit or something?
              Thanks
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
              X