Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Bob Shaw

Thank You Bob Shaw
    I thought that this should be a separate thread. I just want to say thank you to the countless hours that you spent on our forum and Website. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Thanks for the great switchover to a more stable Forum. (Even though at times its Members seem to be unstable myself included) We look forward to answering your questions and helping where we can to get your Studebaker back on the road. Hopefully you will have the time to do this.
    Thank you again
    Sincerely
    Anne F. Goodman
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

I am more of a lurker, than a poster, but I truly appreciate the job you have done, Bob.
    I'm sure it seemed thankless at times, but your efforts have been very much appreciated.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Steve
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

Well expressed, Anne. It couldn't have been better. Good luck, Bob, and a sincere thank you for all of your hard work and extra gray hair.

Comment

Yeah Bob, add me to the list of those grateful to you for your service to all of us.

I'm pretty sure that with me discovering the forum, your work became more exasperating! I didn't mean to run you off...really!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Ditto on just about everything Anne said (I don't get too many questions 'cause I don't know too much). Bob, you're a gentleman and a scholar and have been an invaluable asset. Best of luck in all future endeavors. Anne, thanks for your eloquence and continuing dedication.

Comment

Me, too, Bob. I'm looking forward to seeing your Hawk fly.

Comment

Bob:
              One more vote of thanks for all you've done. As webmaster for our chapter, I have a VERY SMALL concept of what you have done to help all of us.
              Thanks again!
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I couldn't echo Anne's sentiments any better.
                Your hard work and dedication have done much to provide a virtual place where all are welcome, from long time SDCers to the Stude-curious. You have enabled us all to help each other help ourselves.

As well as you managed this forum, I'm sure every endeavor you undertake will be a success.
                Thanks.
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Won't pass up an opportunity to say it again...

THANKS, BOB!!!
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

As Listed on the other thread. THANKS AGAIN BOB!
                    Good Roads
                    Brian
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I met BShaw for the first time Monday after we got “kicked out” of the Board of Directors Meeting and both were cooling our heels in the lobby.

While engaged in casual conversation, I’m sure we were sizing each other up to see who had given who the most grey hairs from these many years of lively correspondence on & off the Forum. I’m sure I won that contest!!!

After they opened the doors and we were allowed back in, BShaw made his presentation in front of the Board. What I saw standing there was a very humble, intelligent, unpretentious man who had performed the job very well he was hired for and instructed to do.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

An open note to Bob;

In our PM's concerning some "arguable” actions you had taken, you sometimes explained “those were my instructions …or my boss wanted me to do this (or that).” Up until we met Monday I always thought you were making it up to promote your personal agenda, but now I do believe you actually received those orders from higher-ups. I apologize here & now for ever doubted what you were truly telling me!!!

In fact when you fully turn over the reigns of this Forum, I will take you off my "Elite 100 SDC Member List” and put you back where you rightfully belong ...on the "Regular Joe & Jane SDC Member Roster” with the other 12,400 of us.

… and yes, Thank You for tolerating me all these years!!!
                      Last edited by Welcome; 06-23-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I agree a big thankyou for this wonderful site.

Comment

Thanks!

Yes, Bob I also appreciate all of your efforts to keep the Forum going. Thanks to Anne for starting this thread.
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

On behalf of us Aussies, a very big well done and thanks to Bob, especially for the trouble taken to select and establish the new forum software.
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hi Mr. Shaw

I want to add my thanks and appreciation for all your tireless efforts and hard work to keep this Forum a friendly and civil venue for all participants. Particular appreciated are your squelching of those threads that began spinning off into partisan political views, there are plenty of other venues for that on-line without sullying this one.

Now, as I recall, there is a rare '57 President two door sedan that dearly needs.......attention!
                              Best to you in your future endeavors!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X