Welcome new sdc webmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome new sdc webmaster

For those who were not there or have not yet heard, Monday the SDC Board of Directors at their Annual Meeting awarded the contract for SDC Webmaster and SDC Web Site Designer to CORNERSTONE REGISTRATION, LTD. This new contract is in addition to Cornerstone receiving contracts from the Board for SDC Membership Secretary and for SDC International Meet Registrations. As many know, the owner of Cornerstone Registration is none other than our long-time Forum member, Mark Wheeler (user name: wheelsm).

Our Board of Directors also awarded another long-time SDC Forum member Clark Novak (user name: showbizkid) a contract as our SDC Forum Moderator. For some time Clark has been keeping all of us here on the SDC Forum "walking the straight & narrow," but at least now he will be getting compensated for his often challenging work.

Let's all Welcome Mark & Clark to their new positions on our SDC Forum!!!

Welcome Clark& Mark to your new positions or old ones with pay. Thank you Welcome for keeping us informed. Its tough not being there this year.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Welcome to the new Official Cat Herders.

Clark has demonstrated a deft hand for derailing some potential issues and allowing more discussion than I would have expected on others. Don't know Mark but thanks for taking on the responsibility.

And lastly, Thank you Bob Shaw for your efforts in directing the forum into being one of the best visits on the net.

Bob

Comment

A BIG thank you to Bob Shaw for all his work to get us to where we are today. It wasn't easy but THANK YOU. Also, congratualtions to the Mark and Clark coming on.

Mark

Comment

Thanks to Bob Shaw and welcome to Mark and Clark..

Comment

I must also say a much deserved Thank You to Mr Shaw. A sometimes thankless job but in my opinion he did it well!
            And also to Clark for stepping in to assist to keep this forum the very best that it is.
            Also, welcome aboard Mark and thank you for accepting this position.
            George King
            Grants Pass, Oregon
            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Mr. Shaw has some big shoes to fill! I'm really honored to have been selected to serve the Club in this position.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Let me add my welcome to Clark! Great to have a longtime participant as our new moderator. Clark, I know you will do a great job, as always.

Also, a warm welcome to Mark. I don't know you well, but my few contacts with you previously have been excellent. Best regards to both of you!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I'd just like to add my thanks to Bob Shaw for all his diligence and care. Good luck to Mark and Clark.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Well....is this a 180 degree change in philosophy for the initial poster........?

"Is there no end to these errors, omissions, delayed and inaccurate information??? We will have to wait until tomorrow when the Board of Directors hands Cornerstone Registration, LTD yet another two year contract ...OR will be the Board actually postpone awarding a contract until some of hundreds of other companies in the same business have a real opportunity to submit competitive bids for this all important SDC contract. Only time will tell!"

stupak

PS: Thanks Bob S. for all your hard work and congrats to Mark and Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                      Well....is this a 180 degree change in philosophy for the initial poster........?

"Is there no end to these errors, omissions, delayed and inaccurate information??? We will have to wait until tomorrow when the Board of Directors hands Cornerstone Registration, LTD yet another two year contract ...OR will be the Board actually postpone awarding a contract until some of hundreds of other companies in the same business have a real opportunity to submit competitive bids for this all important SDC contract. Only time will tell!"

stupak>>>
                      Oh boy, you just couldn't resist rubbing it in, now could you?!?!

stupak, no matter who won this round they deserve to be congratulated ...after all they did win it!!!

Comment

Sorry Welcome......you're right, I just couldn't resist! There have been some pretty 'strong' accusations here lately and from my vantage point, largely undeserved. Let's get on with running SDC, and, this GREAT forum. stupak

Comment

Welcome: I 'believe' my Wife and your Wife got pretty chummy at S/B in May. Your Wife is quite a Gal. They really hit it off very well. stupak

Comment

I couldn't be happier that Clark tossed his hat in the ring (of fire) and that the SDC Board saw the wisdom to name him the Forum Administrator. Mark will be great as the SDC webmaster as well. My contract actually ends at the end of the year so we'll have an excellent period of time to effect a smooth transition.
                            sigpic
                            Bob Shaw
                            Rush City, Minnesota
                            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Thanks Bob!
                              I don't know anything about the the politics of the SDC but I am sure there is lots?????
                              Since joining the SDC I have participated in the FOrum, and I love it. It is a wonderful, tool, motivater, chat room, finder, or whatever you want it to be! It makes owning a Studebaker even more fun!
                              Thank You for making it such a great place to come when we can't be out in the garage ( or even when we can be but would rather be inside) THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!Good Roads
                              Brian
                              PS And Welcome to Masrk & Clark. Hope you can keep this wonderful machine...well oiled and running smoothly.
                              Brian Woods
                              woodysrods@shaw.ca
                              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                              X