Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulling Engine/trans out of Lark this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling Engine/trans out of Lark this weekend.

I will be pulling the engine and trans together (6 cylinder and Flightomatic). I have the entire front clip off the car and everything ready to go. My question is about the steering linkage in the center of the frame. The shop manual says to remove tie rods and turn it out of the way. It doesn't look like it will be a problem for me with the clip off and the ability to lower the trans at the rear to raise the front of the engine. It only looks like it would be a problem if i wanted to remove the engine only as you would have to slide the engine forward where it would get in the way. Can I leave the steering intact when I pull the engine and trans as a unit? Thanks.

I never pulled steering linkage when pulling the six out of my '63 with the front clip removed.

Comment

Just turn the wheel all the way to the right.
      I have never taken anything apart that far.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Dougie, You can leave the steering in it will be ok. Gene.

Comment

Good. One less thing to worry about. Gene, how's work on your Lark progressing?

Comment

Real good Dougie just finshed the front breaks update rotors and all the goods, rear dif. done drive shaft in, drive shaft loop in and done, and lots more done, still have some to go. Gene..

Comment

Working...
            X