Vehicle of the day 6-20-11 1954 Studebaker F5 Regal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle of the day 6-20-11 1954 Studebaker F5 Regal

Never seen one of these, does anyone on the forum have one? A 54 Champion Regal with the chrome on the rear quarter to cover the seam.
    Seen lots of 55s with the chrome but no 54s

1954 Studebaker Champion Regal 2-door sedan
    (vertical rear fender trim was a late 1954 addition)
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

I've never seen one of these...where did you get the image from? Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

First time seeing this,wonder if it's the same exact part the 55s used ? though they left the bottom exposed.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Is this one?

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

If this were the correct model (Trim) AND a Late one as well, with the special Vertical Moulding that makes it special, this one does not have it installed, so probably not.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
            Never seen one of these, does anyone on the forum have one? A 54 Champion Regal with the chrome on the rear quarter to cover the seam.
            Seen lots of 55s with the chrome but no 54s

1954 Studebaker Champion Regal 2-door sedan
            (vertical rear fender trim was a late 1954 addition)
            *******************************************************************************

I have a one page sheet/flyer from the Parts and Accessories Division, Studebaker Corp. dated January 28, 1954. It is listed in Group H, Section No. 1 of the Dealer's Cumulative Confidential Purchasing Guide-Studebaker Accessories. The title of the sheet is "Studebaker Side Moulding Kits". There are four different kits listed-
            > For 1954 Custom and Deluxe 2-door and 4-door Sedans and Deluxe Station Wagons
            > For all 1953 2-door, 4-door Sedans and Land Cruisers
            Quoting- "There is a ready-made market for side moulding kits among your 1953 Studebaker sedan owners...and an additional profitable market among buyers of 1954 Custom and Deluxe Sedans and Deluxe Station Wagons. Additionally, side mouldings give you an opportunity to put added sales appeal into unsold new and used 1953 sedan models. Judging from the comment of many Studebaker dealers and 1954 Studebaker model owners--side mouldings have a definite, universal appeal in the added style and distinction they impart to the car, as well as in the protection they provide against paint damage from door scuffs and scrapes in close parking areas. Order an assortment of these side mouldings now...then push their sale with appropriate displays and demonstrations. (Kits) Come in complete sets with all attachments and installation instructions."

Next are listed Kits AC-2634, AC-2635, AC-2636 and AC-2637, all of them with straight, horizonal stainless mouldings.

There were no kits available for Regal or Land Crusier models as those models came from the factory with standard side mouldings almost the length of the car. Neither was there a partial kit for a vertical trim piece to cover the upper seam from the window to the standard horizonal side moulding.

The above photo appears to be either a styling study (if it is a factory photo) or it is one in which someone is fooling around. To me it appears to have been drawn on with a black pen/brush. I can't quite accept Studebaker spending money to cover part of a seam and leaving the bottom seam exposed per this photo. Personally, I do not believe such a vertical trim piece was ever provided by the factory as an accessory in 1954, but I am open to documentation of such. I feel the factory waited until the 1955 models were designed to cover the full seam. One man's opinion.

Frank Drumheller
            Locust Grove, VA
            60S-W6
            M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck
            Last edited by studelark; 06-21-2011, 05:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

It is an F5 Regal, Introduced in LATE 1954. standerd models were a Custom F1 and Deluxe F2.

Look on this Page http://hem.bredband.net/b284654/project/1954_2.htm

15G Champion Body # Price ($) Produced
              Custom 2dr sedan F1
              Price 1.758
              Produced 2.653

Custom 4dr sedan W1
              Price1.801
              Produced 2.860

DeLuxe 2dr sedan F3
              Price 1.875
              Produced 4.449

DeLuxe 4dr sedan W3

DeLuxe Conestoga D3

DeLuxe Starlight coupe C3

Regal 2dr sedan F5
              Price 1.983
              Produced 1.066

Regal 4dr sedan W5

Regal Conestoga D5

Regal Starlight coupe C5

Regal Starliner hardtop K5
              Last edited by clonelark; 06-21-2011, 11:37 PM.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
              X