1951 Commander cam replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Commander cam replacement

I was just wondering if when the Studebaker dealers replaced the cam in a 1951 232cid if they marked it as replaced somewhere on the motor or car. I know they replaced the "soft" cams for no charge and would like to know if the one in my car has been replaced already.

Thanks, ghcoe.
    George
    http://racingstudebakers.com/stl-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=809&highlight=ghcoe
    http://racingstudebakers.com/stl-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1014&highlight=ghcoe

I did not think that all 1951 cams were faulty. If that's correct and your car has some miles on it and runs well, you may not need to do anything?

Comment

I did not think that all 1951 cams were faulty. If that's correct and your car has some miles on it and runs well, you may not need to do anything?

Comment

I don't know of any marking. How early in production was your car/engine built? I would say that if the car is running even reasonably well after 56 years, either the cam has been replaced or it didn't have a cam that needed to be replaced.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't know of any marking. How early in production was your car/engine built? I would say that if the car is running even reasonably well after 56 years, either the cam has been replaced or it didn't have a cam that needed to be replaced.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X