Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage blonde in a Hawk

Sorry for the long link address.

Trim along lower door edges suggests Golden Golden Hawk?
    I'm thinking her Silver painted toenails and the car's exterior damage may suggest the photo was taken on more modern times.

Dan T

Originally posted by Dan Timberlake View Post
    I'm thinking her Silver painted toenails and the car's exterior damage may suggest the photo was taken on more modern times.
    Is this a "Father's Day" post? .... the two things in life that are very expensive (1) restoration of a Golden Hawk) and (2) a girl friend that is high maintenance and in the case of a married man cost him dearly after his wife hires a lawyer !!!

Dan ... I think we ought to run this by the Forum expert Jeff (aka DeepNhock) he is an expert on girls sitting, laying across or inside of Studebakers. He may even have her name and phone number if you bribe him with a gift card from his favorite Studebaker parts vendor.
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I had to look at the picture a few times before I noticed there was a Stude or anything else in the photo.... NICE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Timberlake View Post
        Sorry for the long link address.

Dan T

Really?, you took the time to notice toenails...some how I was so focused on the....ah...let's see...ah...Stude, ya that's it, Stude. I was so focused on the Stude I didn't even notice any stinkin' toenails. Happy Father's day to us. Junior.
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

This has to be an old picture. The ash tray is open (who smokes anymore) and the car is equiped with a functional spot light.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Ummmm...the spotlight wasn't quite revealed enough to tell the wattage!
            Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

uhhhhhh

Many many years ago a friend got me a subscription to Playboy. Now as many of you know- you often get a nice 'gift' when you subscribe. You know the ones- they have titles like "Girls of Playboy" or "Blondes Brunettes and Redhaeds" or "College Girls". Now, I can't be too certain because it has been quite sometime since I've seen it, but I seem to recall a photo of a woman drapped over a '55 in one of those gift magazines.

I doubt she scratched the paint, as she was wearing a bit less then this woman...

I might have to look around for that sometime, eh?
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

A Studebaker with dagmars.
                "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I see one more item that suggests (but doesn't prove) vintage photo. Anybody else see it?
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

'56 Golden Hawk vintage photo

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                    I see one more item that suggests (but doesn't prove) vintage photo. Anybody else see it?
                    Yep, it's the vehicle registration holder on the steering column!

I also see what appears to be a original door mounted Studebaker Seat Belt which you don't often see anymore.

The other clues to it being a '56 besides the rocker panel moulding are the '56 Steering wheel, White dot, ball tipped toggle switches, and the Tach. and Vacuum Gauge standard on GH.
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-19-2011, 11:06 AM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't care if it's vintage or not, LOL! LOOKS GOOD TO ME!
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

"Vintage blonde" ??? She doesn't look that old to me. Course i am getting on a bit myself, you guys must all be younger than me.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                          "Vintage blonde" ??? She doesn't look that old to me. Course i am getting on a bit myself, you guys must all be younger than me.
                          Betcha she's pretty "vintage" by now...

Comment

At this point, she's got at least fifty-five more years on her. I would still buy her and restore her; would also still be interested in meeting the blond!
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the memories, and I don't mean the car. That's classic late 50's pinup style. Nice to remember when I was young enough to appreciate that, really appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
                              X