52 Commander Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Commander Value

First...I am new here so if this is not appropriate please let me know.

I have a 1952 Commander State Starliner Hardtop that I am contemplating selling. How does someone go about figuring out a value for a car such as this? It is all original and has been sitting for nearly 40 years in a garage. Mice have destroyed the seats, everything else is pretty nice.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.....

Ken

This is a good place to get info on it but pictures would help alot.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I've been casually looking for a 52 Hardtop to purchase. Kind of a bucket list type of thing. I've found them on several different sites listed for from $1000 to $9500 depending on condition. If the mice have destroyed your seats then you obviously won't be on the high end of that pricing but where else it may fall will depend some on the car's location (which you didn't fill out in your profile when you registered) and what one might see in pics or first hand inspection.

As my profile says, I'm in Independence Mo. which is a Kansas City suburb. Where are you located in case I wanted to look at the car?

Any other contact info for you since the "system" won't allow private messages to you until you've had something like 10 posts?
      Last edited by snowy_buffalo; 06-13-2011, 05:54 PM. Reason: typos
      \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Old Cars Price Guide and NADA values can give you some ideas but, they are never truly accurate.

If your contemplation turns to reality, best to determine the least you would take for it and make that your reserve on Ebay or some other auction site.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

My great grandmother gave me this car in the late 70's. It has been stored in a garage here in California ever since. Yes a California car, so no rust short of surface rust. The car has not started in will over 30 plus years. While the seats need to be redone as well as the carpet, the rest of the car is in pretty good shape given the age. The door panels and headliner are nearly perfect. All of the interior stainless shines, the exterior chrome and stainless is pitted. With a carb rebuild and new gas I think I could get it to run!

I can be reached via email at khb3met@aol.com

thanks for the help so far!
          Attached Files

Comment

You have an excelent start to a great car. A running car will bring more than one that doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
              You have an excelent start to a great car. A running car will bring more than one that doesn't.
              I will most likely sell the car as-is. I have too many other projects needing my time. This one will be on a back burner for 10 more years, hence the reason I am thinking about selling it.

Comment

That looks like a terrific, complete car. This is Studebakers first hardtop. While not exactly 'rare' (they made over 26,000 Champions and Comander hardtops in 1952) they are definitely unique and not often seen anymore. I've been keeping a registry of surviving examples, you can see some stats at www.studebakerhardtop.com.
                Your great grandmother had excellent taste in cars.

Comment

Working...
                X