This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Tire Deal

Just recently put 4 new tires on my '64 Cruiser. Wal Mart...only $38 each http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ex=&tire_size=

We had a lot of rain here yesterday, and the car cut through standing water puddles with ease. Nice tires.

which brand?

Comment

which brand?

Comment

Douglas (just click the link)

Comment

Douglas (just click the link)

Comment

I've had the same set on my s 10 pick up 2 wheel drive for a little over 2 years now. I've got 22,000 miles on them now and expect at least another 7 thousand. A bit short of their warranty but what can you expect for less than 200 mounted and balanced plus road hazard. I would buy another set if I presently had the need. I suppose if I cried a little they would pro rate them when they become totaly useless. I like 'em. good deal. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I've had the same set on my s 10 pick up 2 wheel drive for a little over 2 years now. I've got 22,000 miles on them now and expect at least another 7 thousand. A bit short of their warranty but what can you expect for less than 200 mounted and balanced plus road hazard. I would buy another set if I presently had the need. I suppose if I cried a little they would pro rate them when they become totaly useless. I like 'em. good deal. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

What size tire and was it white or black/wall[?]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

What size tire and was it white or black/wall[?]

Comment

Look at where they are made & cry no more when your job moves to China.I'm a believer in supporting our own if given a choice

Comment

Look at where they are made & cry no more when your job moves to China.I'm a believer in supporting our own if given a choice

Comment

I do too but lots of times we have no choice. I'd like to find a pair of 195/75/15 tires with 3/4 to 1 inch whitewalls.to match my 205/75/15 Generals. The 205's rub a little on the right side when making a left turn. Might have a week front spring but it seems strange as it has one leaf spring across the front. Is it possible for a spring to get week on one side[?]

Comment

I do too but lots of times we have no choice. I'd like to find a pair of 195/75/15 tires with 3/4 to 1 inch whitewalls.to match my 205/75/15 Generals. The 205's rub a little on the right side when making a left turn. Might have a week front spring but it seems strange as it has one leaf spring across the front. Is it possible for a spring to get week on one side[?]

Comment

Douglas tires are are a private label brand made by GoodYear exclusively for Wal-Mart. They may or may not be made in the US, just as GoodYear (or Firestone, or any other) brand tires may or may not be made in the US. You'd have to check the country of origin on each tire to make sure...if it's important to you.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Douglas tires are are a private label brand made by GoodYear exclusively for Wal-Mart. They may or may not be made in the US, just as GoodYear (or Firestone, or any other) brand tires may or may not be made in the US. You'd have to check the country of origin on each tire to make sure...if it's important to you.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X