'53 Stude on My Classic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53 Stude on My Classic Car

This week's installment of Dennis Gage's series, My Classic featured a beautiful 2 tone green '53 hardtop with a 5" chopped top and with a very modern looking front end. The SBC was twin turbo powered, running 1000 HP, with 790 at the rear wheels, but was very quiet, sounding like a regular SBC. I think it is the best looking '53's I've seen. If you get a chance to see the program, catch it.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

The car was featured on the cover of Drive magazine a couple of months ago. Cool car.

Comment

Also see here on the Forum. Speaker cover in the trunk is a Bulletnose piece.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

On ebay at the minute for 100K, it looks good, twin turbo BB crate engine.
        Brian Greenall
        Melbourne, OZ
        sigpic

Comment

If I had the 100K laying around I would buy it then show Dennis how to do a real tire burn out.
          Tom
          sigpic

Comment

I guess I'll be the only one here to say that even though it was beautifully done, I didn't much care for it. IMO, I have yet to see a custom '53 that improves the look of a stock one. It's a nice car to be sure--just not my cup 'o tea.

Comment

I have seen the car in person and the workmanship is impressive, if not spectacular. Just for clarification, the car has neither a SBC nor BBC. It is a late model GM LS based engine and it does indeed have twin turbos and fuel injection. And as pretty as it is, and show car quality, the owner does drive it around quite a bit. It is probably worth the price he is asking but it will take that one person with the means and appreciation for it to get it sold.

Pat
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I've also seen the car in person at the most recent Los Angeles Roadster Show and this past March at our Winter Meet. The car is incredibly well done and in person it runs as quitely as it sounds on Dennis Gage's TV show. Fantastic car!
                Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Agree, it is a stunning car. Customs are always an expression of one man's vision and not everyone is going to like every part of it. JMHO, but if I had the $100k, I could afford to pass the dubs on to Funkmaster Flash and choose wheels and tires more in keeping with the otherwise class build.

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

The guy lives near me somewhere.
                    He drives it to the local cruise nights, he drives it to the NHRA Museums cruise nights. By some of the shots in the show last night, it appeared to be somewhere in the Covina Hills area.

It's not "just" a show car, he actually drives it. I stopped by the local (to me) cruise nights two weeks in a row to let him know about the La Palma meet...but he was a "no show" those two weeks..! Oh well...

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
                      I guess I'll be the only one here to say that even though it was beautifully done, I didn't much care for it. IMO, I have yet to see a custom '53 that improves the look of a stock one. It's a nice car to be sure--just not my cup 'o tea.
                      My sentiments exactly! It's hard to improve on a 53 NT
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                        If I had the 100K laying around I would buy it then show Dennis how to do a real tire burn out.
                        Tom
                        That's probably about all you could do with this thing. 15x6 rims + 1000hp = hilarious. Still a neat car.

Comment

Working...
                        X