Studebaker Pinata (lotsa pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Pinata (lotsa pics)

How to have fun with a rusted out '53 Studebaker 2R5 pickup...

Cut bed mounts and remove bed, remove hood and grill, use cut off wheel to remove front fenders, cut cab mount bolts, use fork-lift to yank cab off frame. (And a big hammer for the little things)

My uncle has plans to use the frame to start a 'rat rod' project. It's going to be Stude powered, probably a 289. The body will be a stripped down '39 Plymouth coupe with Studebaker C-cab rear fenders on the back.

The body is not all that great... <g> It's more 'foam fill' and fiberglass than metal; although the frame is perfect.

Did I mention that the cab was a little rough?

'39 Plymouth.

How much for the red one on the trailer?

Comment

How much for the red one on the trailer?

Comment

quote: How much for the red one on the trailer?
        Couldn't tell ya. I have no idea what my grandad's plans are for it. He just got it two weeks ago.

Comment

quote: How much for the red one on the trailer?
          Couldn't tell ya. I have no idea what my grandad's plans are for it. He just got it two weeks ago.

Comment

The 54 coupe on the trailor is just about as rusty as the truck. I'v been picked on ever since I brought it home.Even Matthew made fun of my new toy! The only encouragement I got was from 7 yr old Joshua who said"You never give up do you Papa?" NT

Neil Thornton
            Hazlehurst, GA
            '57 Silver Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '51 2R16 dump truck
            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

The 54 coupe on the trailor is just about as rusty as the truck. I'v been picked on ever since I brought it home.Even Matthew made fun of my new toy! The only encouragement I got was from 7 yr old Joshua who said"You never give up do you Papa?" NT

Neil Thornton
              Hazlehurst, GA
              '57 Silver Hawk
              '56 Sky Hawk
              '51 2R16 dump truck
              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:The 54 coupe on the trailor is just about as rusty as the truck.
                Ohh, it's not quite as bad as the truck.

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:The 54 coupe on the trailor is just about as rusty as the truck.
                  Ohh, it's not quite as bad as the truck.

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Could'nt help but to respond-- The red one on the trailer looks pretty good from what I can see in the photos? You guys talk about rust, Wow!! you should see what us guys up here have to deal with in Maine, salt and sand and long winters sure take their toll on cars,even new ones let alone a Stude-- Just wanted to comment and say Hi and Happy Memorial day from Lobster country, Frankie

Comment

Could'nt help but to respond-- The red one on the trailer looks pretty good from what I can see in the photos? You guys talk about rust, Wow!! you should see what us guys up here have to deal with in Maine, salt and sand and long winters sure take their toll on cars,even new ones let alone a Stude-- Just wanted to comment and say Hi and Happy Memorial day from Lobster country, Frankie

Comment

Nice place Matthew! That forklift looks like a tractor that's been adapted. Nice piece of equipment.

That little green '62 Lark looks a lot like one I used to have. Sweetie is now in Michigan. I guess you could say she's a Larkin' Wolverine now.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        Lotsa Larks!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Nice place Matthew! That forklift looks like a tractor that's been adapted. Nice piece of equipment.

That little green '62 Lark looks a lot like one I used to have. Sweetie is now in Michigan. I guess you could say she's a Larkin' Wolverine now.

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

It's true that here in GA they don't put salt on the roads, but the humidity here will rust a car just as fast. [V] That red car, a '54 Champion coupe, does have a few good pieces of sheetmetal on it, but the floors are about gone and the passenger side is rusted out.

It has quite a story...
                            The fella we got it from bought it as his first car in 1961. In 1964, he blew up the engine (a 259 with OD and floor shift; installed before he got the car). The thing has been sitting ever since. [V] It took a lot of manuevering to get that thing out.
                            Notice that it also has a '56 Golden Hawk steering wheel. It's in about the same condition as the rest of them in the world.. [xx(]

As far as the car, I've seen worse...

And that green '62 Lark, my grandad found it on eBay for less that $500.00. It needed a new clutch (water had gotten into the bellhousing, causing it all to rust up). It has a nice, strong running OHV 6 with straight 3 speed. My uncle just talked my grandad out of it. He's planning on a quick paint job, a set of Historic Auto seat covers, installing overdrive, and driving it to work daily. [^]

The fork lift is a tractor that's been converted. It was done long before we got it though!

Comment

It's true that here in GA they don't put salt on the roads, but the humidity here will rust a car just as fast. [V] That red car, a '54 Champion coupe, does have a few good pieces of sheetmetal on it, but the floors are about gone and the passenger side is rusted out.

It has quite a story...
                              The fella we got it from bought it as his first car in 1961. In 1964, he blew up the engine (a 259 with OD and floor shift; installed before he got the car). The thing has been sitting ever since. [V] It took a lot of manuevering to get that thing out.
                              Notice that it also has a '56 Golden Hawk steering wheel. It's in about the same condition as the rest of them in the world.. [xx(]

As far as the car, I've seen worse...

And that green '62 Lark, my grandad found it on eBay for less that $500.00. It needed a new clutch (water had gotten into the bellhousing, causing it all to rust up). It has a nice, strong running OHV 6 with straight 3 speed. My uncle just talked my grandad out of it. He's planning on a quick paint job, a set of Historic Auto seat covers, installing overdrive, and driving it to work daily. [^]

The fork lift is a tractor that's been converted. It was done long before we got it though!

Comment

Working...
                              X