64 air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 64 air cleaner

Hi, I'm trying to find out what air cleaner I can use on my 64 Daytona 289 4-bbl. The old cleaner does not have any marks or letters. Terry

NAPA #2111.

This should still be a good number for the air filter cartridge itself; not the whole air cleaner body, of course. I got two of them fresh at my NAPA store last year. (They may not stock it, but will be able to get it for you right away.)

This is for the "regular" black air cleaner with a snorkle on it; not the large, chrome R1 air cleaner. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

64 air cleaner

Thanks for the parts number Bob. I will be driviing the 64 convertible to Springfield. I will be looking forward to seeing you there. Terry

Comment

I just this past Thursday bought the 2111 at NAPA About $8.75 as I remember. Nice that that still have them.

Mark

Comment

Terry: I just noticed that this new air cleaner element itself (not the box in which it came) is numbered 542111. Too, the new number 2111 on the box is on a label that is covering up 542111. So if they don't recognize 2111 (although they probably will), try 542111.

And it would be a good idea to buy two of them while they're available. That's why I have a new spare to reference. It does fit all 1962-1964 Non-R engine V8s with both 2bbl and 4bbl carbs, so you'd use an extra sooner or later. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X