1955-63 Factory to Dealer Records Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955-63 Factory to Dealer Records Available

For those of you who may be interested, I recently acquired some sales records from the former Zacharias Motors & Charles B. Rider Motors in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. If you know of or own a car sold by one of these dealers and would like copies of the records, please feel free to contact me. If you are uncertain of your car's original selling dealer and would like for me to see if, perhaps, I have your car's original sales receipt &/or factory to dealer invoice, I'll be happy to check. The factory to dealer invoices are often accompanied by the shipping receipt from the carrier as well! The invoices are larger versions of the factory build sheets one can acquire from the SMN, but also include dealer cost of all equipment and accessories. These invoices & sales receipts cover all body styles & models from 1956-1963 including numerous Hawks (including two Golden Hawks!), Convertibles, Hardtops (including one Super Lark!) and a few trucks. [u]Please email me the year, model and serial number of your vehicle. </u> If it seems reasonable, I ask $10.00 per vehicle to cover my time, copying and mailing costs; less than the cost of a build sheet from the SNM. I hope I can share a bit more history for some of the members Studebakers; it is something I always like to have with my cars. Thanks.

Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    christof@rockymountainstudebaker.net
    Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    ckheim@yahoo.com

SUPER LARK???[:0] what is an Super Lark, Yet another version that I have never heard of and it's not in any of my books I am using for the site.[8D]

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

SUPER LARK???[:0] what is an Super Lark, Yet another version that I have never heard of and it's not in any of my books I am using for the site.[8D]

Randy_G
      1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

quote:what is an Super Lark, Yet another version that I have never heard of and it's not in any of my books I am using for the site.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:what is an Super Lark, Yet another version that I have never heard of and it's not in any of my books I am using for the site.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Those were R2 equipped Larks. JDP sold a nice one a few months back.

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

SUPER LARK???[:0] what is an Super Lark,

Comment

Those were R2 equipped Larks. JDP sold a nice one a few months back.

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

SUPER LARK???[:0] what is an Super Lark,

Comment

Randy: A Super Lark is simply a 1963 Lark or 1964 "Lark type" that was ordered with a full R-Series High Performance Package.

Per Studebaker Automotive Sales Corporation Letter #148 to their dealers, dated March 19, 1963, the new Super Package cars would be equipped with ALL of the following. (Some items would replace other items of standard equipment on a given model, of course):

R1 or R2 Jet Thrust Engine; must specify one
                4-Speed Manual Floor or Powershift Floor Automatic Transmission; must specify one.
                Bucket Seats
                Front Seat Belts
                Floor Carpeting, Front & Rear
                Side and Grille Badge identification
                160 MPH Speedometer
                Tachometer
                HD Twin-Traction Rear Axle
                4-Ply blackwall tires
                Disc Brakes
                HD Springs F&R
                HD Shock Absorbers F&R
                Rear Axle Radius Rods
                Rear Stabilizer Bar

BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Randy: A Super Lark is simply a 1963 Lark or 1964 "Lark type" that was ordered with a full R-Series High Performance Package.

Per Studebaker Automotive Sales Corporation Letter #148 to their dealers, dated March 19, 1963, the new Super Package cars would be equipped with ALL of the following. (Some items would replace other items of standard equipment on a given model, of course):

R1 or R2 Jet Thrust Engine; must specify one
                  4-Speed Manual Floor or Powershift Floor Automatic Transmission; must specify one.
                  Bucket Seats
                  Front Seat Belts
                  Floor Carpeting, Front & Rear
                  Side and Grille Badge identification
                  160 MPH Speedometer
                  Tachometer
                  HD Twin-Traction Rear Axle
                  4-Ply blackwall tires
                  Disc Brakes
                  HD Springs F&R
                  HD Shock Absorbers F&R
                  Rear Axle Radius Rods
                  Rear Stabilizer Bar

BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

And it would be even more exclusive if a '63 Super Lark was ordered in 'Super Red metallic'

Craig

Comment

And it would be even more exclusive if a '63 Super Lark was ordered in 'Super Red metallic'

Craig

Comment

I did not think Super red was a metallic.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                        63 Avanti R1
                        63 Daytona convert
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        62 Lark 2 door
                        60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                        59 3E truck
                        58 Starlight
                        52 & 53 Starliner
                        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                          63 Avanti R1
                          63 Daytona convert
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          62 Lark 2 door
                          60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                          59 3E truck
                          58 Starlight
                          52 & 53 Starliner
                          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JDP

My color chart shows it is, and a Super Hawk I have seen in that color confirms it. I don't have my color chart in front of me, but I think the color was #P6325.

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JDP

My color chart shows it is, and a Super Hawk I have seen in that color confirms it. I don't have my color chart in front of me, but I think the color was #P6325.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X