Cleaning the administration building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the administration building?

Today I drove by the Administration building after school. I'm not sure what the future plans are for the building, but these dumpsters were filled with scrap building supplies like grey carpet and some dry wall. I haven't heard anything at all about this building coming down, and there are no signs or fences around it. This is also the only Studebaker building that is a historical landmark. I would really like to see this building used for something. I know it is kept up because an American flag is flown on the roof everyday. Who knows, maybe somebody bought it and is going to do something with it??? This is one of the best buildings left. The structure is very solid, clean, and complete. This is building #62 on plant maps.
    Chris Dresbach

Chris,
    The building was bought around 2007 and a company has plans for it.
    I'm sure it was discussed here on the forum at the time.

Last edited by Gary1953; 06-09-2011, 04:55 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Not to worry about the debris being discarded. There was more than enough old carpet and drywall pieces from umpteen remodelings that could be thrown out without sacrificing anything genuinely historic. BP
      Last edited by BobPalma; 06-10-2011, 02:52 AM. Reason: meant to say without!
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Chris, keep an eye out for a teak (or whatever wood it is that matches the walls and pillars inside) free-standing reception desk! It was in the building and being used in 2002. In 2007, it had been removed and replaced by a modern, but totally out-of-charater white one from what I could see. It should be saved, provided it suddenly appears in one of those dumpsters and put back inside the building. It was part of the 1961 remodelling.

Craig

Comment

Stude Adm. Bldg.

Isd the overhead loading dock door some thing recently installed to faciliate removal of interior materials or did the school Hq's put it in?

Comment

Stude Adm. Bldg.

Is the overhead loading dock door some thing recently installed to faciliate removal of interior materials or did the school Hq's put it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
              Is the overhead loading dock door some thing recently installed to faciliate removal of interior materials or did the school Hq's put it in?
              That's been there for many years. I think South Bend schools put that in. (They have a lot of box trucks that they use.)
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                Chris, keep an eye out for a teak (or whatever wood it is that matches the walls and pillars inside) free-standing reception desk! It was in the building and being used in 2002. In 2007, it had been removed and replaced by a modern, but totally out-of-charater white one from what I could see. It should be saved, provided it suddenly appears in one of those dumpsters and put back inside the building. It was part of the 1961 remodelling.

Craig
                Craig,
                Do you have a photo of the desk? I didn't see any furniture in the dumpsters though.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                X