Studebakere Employee Brass Plaque.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakere Employee Brass Plaque.

My next door neighbors pool guy brought this plaque over to see if I would be interested in buying it.
    The dimensions are 14 1/2" x 18". Does anyone of info as to when and to who these would have been issued to.
    It is made of brass.
    Value?

Thanks,
    Lee
    Attached Files

That resembles plaques I have seen hanging on the wall of some old dealer offices I have been in. Cool artifact but I have no idea of the value.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It's not worth anything.....send it to me!!!
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

These show up form time to time on ebay, with varying years of service. It was awarded to dealers for their association with Studebaker. I don't remember what they go for, but I bet an ebay search will tell.

Mark

Comment

Mark
          I did a quick search on Ebay and couldn't find anything.
          I will check again later.

Thanks for all the info.

Lee

Comment

I have 4 of these in my collection and have paid around $100 - $140 each for them. It is hard to tell from the photo, Has someone tried to polish it up?
            That would lower it's value I think.
            Dave.
            Dave Pink
            Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
            1925 ER Tourer
            1925 Panel Delivery
            1953 Champion Sedan
            1957 Golden Hawk
            1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
            http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

That's a dealership plaque. It's differen't from most I've seen though, being that it has a name on it instead of a dealership name. I've seen ones that had dealer names on them in rougher condition go for $125-150. For one like that, I would guess about $175-200.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

I covered this topic in a three page Almanac article that appeared in the August 1998 Turning Wheels. There were nine different styles (U.S.) issued between 1928 and 1966 (Canadian plaques utilized a different design). The type shown in the image you provide was used between 1935-1940. The inserts are rather plentiful, the frames are generally more valuable than the inserts since the dealer generally had only one frame and simply inserted the new plaque every five years. I have maybe 20-25 inserts and six or so frames. The highest denomination known would likely be a 60 year that went to Joy Bros in St Paul, MN. they started with Packard in 1903. Studebaker did occasionally award these plaques to individuals.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks again for all the info.
                  He wanted to get $150, so it seems his price was in the ballpark.

Comment

I have a framed 15 year Dealer award in excellent shape. I treasure it because the Dealer appointment was on my birth date in the mid thirties & awarded in May 1951 under S.J.Gregory with his business operating as Peter's Motor Co out of Allentown, PA.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                    X