Parts car 1962 Lark 4-dr FS @ scrap price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts car 1962 Lark 4-dr FS @ scrap price

Wednesday evening, June 8: 'Spent the evening at The Muncie Dragway with Ted Harbit as he ran and sorted out the new R3 engine in The Stude Tomato for the first time this year at Muncie. I took some photos and noted times and such and will post in a longer thread tomorrow. (It is 11:45 PM and I want to go to bed.)

However, Ted and I were approached by another racer this evening who asked if we would be interested in a 1962 Lark 4-door that sounds like a parts car, and a dead one at that. He is Jerry Alderman at 765.749.9472.

Here is the information we were able to extract from Jerry:

1. He recently inherited the car.
    2. He has a good title for it.
    3. It is a 1962 Lark 4-door.
    4. It has been sitting in a barn (still is there in the barn) near North Webster IN (North Webster is about halfway between South Bend and Ft. Wayne IN.)
    5. It has not run in at least 25 years.
    6. It has rusty front fenders, one of which prevents the door from being opened very far.
    7. It sounds for all the world like a parts car.
    8. He will sell it for scrap price to avoid junking it to get rid of it. 'Figures it would bring $300 now (and it might) for scrap, but it sounded like that would be negotiable face-to-face. (Jerry realizes every old car has some parts of value and is enough of a fellow hobbyist that he would just as soon not sell it for junk if the same amount could be acquired from a Studebaker hobbyist. 'Can't be any "fairer" than that, in reality.)
    9. He really doesn't know any more about it than what I've posted above, so there's no sense pressing him for more details.

If you're interested in it (would have to be someone in northern Indiana, I would think), just call and go see it. He seemed to be a reasonable guy who has no delusions about sitting on a gold mine and does need to make it go away. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Anyone bringing an empty trailer down to te meet in Springfield?

Comment

Working...
    X