Daughter Drag racing yesterday. Cool Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter Drag racing yesterday. Cool Pic

I took this yesterday right before the rain hit.

Gordon

Inquiring minds want to know: so how did she do against that Mustang?

And was it a 260 or 289 or?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

And it looks like she might still be wearing her sleeveless prom dress!
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Great! What kind of times/speeds is she turning with the Lark?
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Cool pic, Gordon; how did she do?

'Amazing how many 1963 Lark Customs are being raced. Larry "Scotty" Scott just finished Lanny Bertram's 1963 Lark Custom 2-door, R2/4-speed, and has returned it to the Indianapolis area. White with black & white bucket seat interior. As soon as I see it and take some pics, I'll post them.

'Looks similar to your daughter's car, Gord, with the period mags.

Cool beans on all accounts. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

From prom to drag. What a daughter and what a car!

Comment

Thanks everyone.
              Rich, I think the Mustang is still 289 powered with after market parts and runs right around 14 flat. The Lark has a 15.44 on the window. My daughter is manually shifting the FOM. She beat the guy at the tree but ran a 15.54. The wind kicked up and affected the ET.
              It does look like she could be wearing her dress. She did say that wearing the heals to take pics that it was hard to hit passing gear.
              Her best run was a 15.46 @ 88mph starting from idle. She tried one pass on the converter but it pushed through the lights.
              I wanted to put Torque Thrusts on the Lark but had to stay on budget.
              She was operating on very little sleep so it was a quick change from prom to drag.

Gordon
              Last edited by laughinlark; 06-07-2011, 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Gordon: What engine is in her Lark? (You may have stated earlier in another thread, but I've lost track.) BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Gordon,
                  Great shot. It looks like the car stands up as it launches. My car seems to do the same. How well does it hook?
                  Richard
                  The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Gordon, how is the 61 coming? I have a nice 63 2door here at the shop a friend wants to sell, it has 6 cyl. and 3 speed would make a nice drag car with a few changes, any one interested just pm me.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Just getting home from work. Whew!

Bob P, It has a 63 289. I rebuilt the engine back in 2001. It was in my 64 Cruiser that I drove to SB 2002. I raced it hard at Oceola that year and drove it home. I bought the 63 Lark in 2003 and swapped the engine from the Cruiser. It now has over 100,000 miles and starting its 7th race season. I also raced it at Spokane Raceway during the 2005 Int meet.
                      Richard, The car does lift on launch now but hooks without spinning a tire. When I first assembled the car the front would lift and squat the rear perfect. Then I started getting spring wrap and wheel hop after a couple seasons. I installed station wagon front & rear springs and never looked back. When I bought the new wheels & tires I went smaller diameter to lower the gear ratio. I might lower the back to equal out the fender well clearance. Here is a pic of the car stationary. This was earlier Sunday morning during time trials.

Bob, The 61 is doing great. Its a fun car to drive. I parked it for the winter because I still need to repair the floor. I have temporary sheet metal down and covered with carpet. The 63 you have is tempting. I have to recover from the prom, graduation and ect. first.

My daughter is going to have so much fun with her new Lark.

Gordon

Comment

No helmet????? stupak

Comment

Originally posted by laughinlark View Post
                          I wanted to pot Torque Thrusts on the Lark but had to stay on budget.
                          Oh ya, that would double the cool factor...never the less the combo of daughter racing a Stude is cool enough, thanks for sharing. Junior.
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                            No helmet????? stupak
                            My first thought exactly.
                            I must admit enjoying your Driver's Ed video for some time...
                            Andy
                            62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                              My first thought exactly.
                              I must admit enjoying your Driver's Ed video for some time...
                              Helmet not required by NHRA until you are 13.99 or quicker. It did surprise me to see the bare arms though. Looks like she is having fun!

Pat
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X