Toys/Models at Springfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys/Models at Springfield

When I registered to go to the meet, I also signed up to display a few of my model Studebaker's. I've never done this before, but want to know a little more about it. Where will it be held at Springfield? Anything I should know?
    Thanks
    Chris Dresbach

In the memorabilia room in the Eplex at the fairgrounds

Comment

Good to know.. I'm bringing a watch and a model for judging, too.

Comment

Having a pair of models I have shown, or used to show for years, there's nothing really to it to displaying a model:

You'll need to know when and what time to show the model, and when to pick it up. I've usually had mine out there on the day of judging before 8 am, and I'd pick it up around 4 pm. Check with the registration though as the times vary from meet to meet.

If you're having them judged, stay around for the Awards Banquet since they give out the awards at the same time as the cars. Between my prototype Weasel, and the 63 Super Lark kitbash(which was supposed to look as close to my '64), I've walked away with a 1st, and being the only one in its class .

It's always good to make up a little display to tell the folks what it is. Many times I would forget, but I usually took a Sharpie and some paper and scribbled a description and stuck it under the front wheels on the model .
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
        X