Brake drums!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Brake drums!!

Is it ok to swap them over, left / right. My friend took them off for me and put them together, and well you guessed it.

Shoes get replaced or relined?
    Biggest issue I can think of is the shoes being broke in to a certain drum before the swap. More experienced minds might bring up other concerns, or prove me wrong.

Comment

Don't know what you are working on. Some years had left hand threads on one side and right hand threads on the other side. I don't know which is which, but it would matter with them.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
        Don't know what you are working on. Some years had left hand threads on one side and right hand threads on the other side. I don't know which is which, but it would matter with them.
        If this was the case, you could run a little while just swapping the nuts to match. Wouldn't leave it that way, as they would be even more confusing, having left hand threads on the right, and right on the left!

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzleblue View Post
          Is it ok to swap them over, left / right. My friend took them off for me and put them together, and well you guessed it.
          You don't say whether they are front or rear drums. If it the front drums the wheel bearings like to run in the their own races so it would make a difference to the bearings.

Comment

Working...
          X