63 gt Hawk rear seat belt location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 gt Hawk rear seat belt location.

Any photos here on bolt through floor attachment areas for rear seatbelts for a C-= K model? thanks jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

If you pull the lower rear seat cushion out, you'll find the factory installed "nut-plates" already there with a rubber plug in each one, provided it hasn't rotted away.
    You might not see them at first because they're just above the area where the upper and lower cushion come together. The outside ones are actually mounted in the "wheel-house"...you'll see them. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA

Comment

Good to know this but I didn't notice this on a 63 I restored. Maybe it was an early 63
      thanks
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

They started putting seat belt anchors in before 1962 as my 62 GT has them.

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
        Good to know this but I didn't notice this on a 63 I restored. Maybe it was an early 63
        thanks
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
          They started putting seat belt anchors in before 1962 as my 62 GT has them.
          great to know no holes to drill that I can't drill. thanks

Comment

I recently installed them in my early 63 GT. I found the plugs Dan mentioned, Threads were well protected put some new 7/16 bolts in and Presto!! new seat belts.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Yep. That easy!
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X