Hinge Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinge Help

I tried the tech forum with this one but no luck. I am trying to find out which cars have the same hood hinges as my 54' Commander K body. I did not get any when I purchased the car. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You,
    Stude Rookie

That probably would be limited to the '53, '54, '55 Coupe or Hardtop hinges. These are not the same as the sedan bodies. Possibly later C K units would work.

Comment

Although the shape of the hood changed over the years, I believe the structure underneath remained the same. I would hazard a guess that any C-K hinge from 53 all the way to 64 would work.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I looked at my body/chassis manuals the 53-54s and 56 Golden Hawks. The 53-54 sedans use part NO.s 298270P and 298271P and the C-K 53-54 and the 56 Golden Hawk used 303068P and 303069P hinges (as bezhawk suggested probably all the way to 64). I don't have other manuals to check.

Comment

Hi Check your PM Thanks Ed

Comment

I swapped 62 hawk hinges onto my 53.

Comment

try Barry Hackney for the hinges. He's got'em. { studebakersite.com } jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
              X