Alarm / Lo Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm / Lo Jack

I need to protect the investment in my '54. Any ideas regarding alarm systems/lojack. etc?

Get a removable steering wheel, carry the coil wire around with you, and make a secret fuel line shutoff vavle.
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Comment

Ultimately the best protection is a quality insurance policy from a company that specializes in covering collector cars. Don't waste money with those steering wheel locks, thieves just cut the steering wheel. Lojack can be effective but there is not coverage everywhere, the GPS tracking systems lose the signal if they are inside a building or trailer, though there are some that will alert you if the signal moves out of a designated locale. Alarms are largely ignored, unless you have one that pages you. Not meaning to sound negative, but reality is if thieves want your car bad enough, they will get it.

Is it close to ready? When do we get to see it rolling down the road?

Pat
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

What Pat said.

The smart ones are using rollbacks now anyways.

Comment

Hello Pat,
          Thanks for the information. I do have a policy with Hagerty, so I think I am covered pretty well. I will feel better after I can have an appraisal, though.
          Progress has slowed on the '54, not all items that went to the first shop have make their way home to me. Therefore, more time is needed to find replacements, not to mention additional expense.
          Bob
          Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
          Ultimately the best protection is a quality insurance policy from a company that specializes in covering collector cars. Don't waste money with those steering wheel locks, thieves just cut the steering wheel. Lojack can be effective but there is not coverage everywhere, the GPS tracking systems lose the signal if they are inside a building or trailer, though there are some that will alert you if the signal moves out of a designated locale. Alarms are largely ignored, unless you have one that pages you. Not meaning to sound negative, but reality is if thieves want your car bad enough, they will get it.

Is it close to ready? When do we get to see it rolling down the road?

Pat

Comment

Working...
          X