Studebakers in China during WW2 for the AVG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in China during WW2 for the AVG

It was requested that I post the pictures of the Studebaker's used in China for the American Volunteer Group (AVG) or aka the famous, Flying Tigers. I believe most of which were the 1939 Commander model but I'm not sure. You guys can enlighten me on that.
    This famous group of brave airmen is what has inspired me to restore my 1940 Champion among other things.
    I am also a fan of the Woody Station Wagon and they , along with some of the first production line Ford built "GP" Jeeps were sent over for the AVG to use.
    I'm putting the link to my pictures of the restoration project. Scroll to the bottom of the pictures and enjoy!
    Thanks for your comments!
    Terry
    http://www.classicmilitaryautomotive...taff-car-7500/
    Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2011, 07:05 PM.

Great pictures, both the restoration and the AVG. The Studebakers in the pictures were 1941 Champions.

Comment

Very cool, dont see to many Studebakers from world war 11 any more. keep up the great work and keep us posted. i'd love to have a war studebaker truck or car. maybe police car would also be cool.

Comment

Yes, the Flying Tigers, later the 15th air force. As a boy, I knew two of them. Both shaved their heads, long before the current style. When I asked they told me they had gotten into the habit in China, as there was no other way to keep the lice off. Like all the other real vets that I met as a boy, they would never talk about combat, but they were always ready to talk about anything else.

Comment

Working...
        X