No announcement yet.

They're poormouthing us on the HAMB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're poormouthing us on the HAMB...

OK, folks - I tried to send a guy this way with some Studebaker questions and he claims he can't get registered here.
    Then they started ganging up on us.... any ideas why he can't get post here?

The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Maybe they are not CASOs ????

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
      Maybe they are not CASOs ????
      OR ...maybe they got confused and went to sdc.com and they wouldn't let him register there
      Last edited by Welcome; 05-24-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Or the activation e-mail is sitting in his junk mail folder.
        Dave Nevin
        Corvallis, OR
        1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

nah thats just some blowhards letting off steam, if they were ganging up on us there would be a lot more whining crying and sniveling.

Love the Hamb beyond measure but sometimes it can be a trying place to dwell.

I added a hint or 2, lets see if he finds his way here.
          Last edited by Da Tinman; 05-24-2011, 08:42 PM.
          http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Im sorry but I have to ask again what does H.A.M.B. stand for?
            Tom
            sigpic

Comment

Hokey @ss Message Board. Hokey name for sure but a great wealth of knowledge is available there. In my opinion probably the biggest all around automotive library anywhere.

If there is a hot rod related question not already answered there, post it up and within minutes it will be.
              http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Chris, I have many clients for my products. From my past dealings, I have had many who could not register onto this forum. I have spread the word about this fantastic tool we have here on the forum, but yes : Some are having big problems on registering onto this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                  Then they started ganging up on us.... any ideas why he can't get post here?
                  Probably havin' trouble getting through the bad attitude filter.

I don't post much on the HAMB but it is second to this site on my eyeball list. Most of the HAMBers are positive about orphans. Even with a couple of negative posts on this topic both Da Tinman and Aircap were positive.

I tend to give this site and the HAMB a lot of leash on negative comments because both are great resources and populated by a preponderance of valuable posters.

As far as Roy's comment on difficulty in registering, I don't doubt that there may be an issue occasionally but by the latest Hemmings Classic Cars mag we are the third largest car site with 12,800 members so there must be a pretty high success rate in registration.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                    As far as Roy's comment on difficulty in registering, I don't doubt that there may be an issue occasionally but by the latest Hemmings Classic Cars mag we are the third largest car site with 12,800 members so there must be a pretty high success rate in registration.

Bob
                    I believe that you are giving the number of families that have memberships in SDC, not the number registered on this Forum (a MUCH lower number).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I believe that you are giving the number of families that have memberships in SDC, not the number registered on this Forum (a MUCH lower number).
                      Good catch, Gary

I'll stand corrected

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X