Studebaker spotting (in Plain Sight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker spotting (in Plain Sight)

Three questions, Where is the Studebaker? Where was the photo taken? When was the photo taken?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PW955.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1733459

Gotta be the box truck on the left - mebbe a K model?
    I'd say everybody just got off work from all the lunchboxes the guys are carrying....
    Is the reflection in the window somewhere in DC?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Looks like the downtown Bremerton Washington ferry landing. With all the sailors, that would make sense given the navy base there. The structure to the left is the walk-on passenger ramp.
      Morris Van Horne
      1954 Commander

Comment

Here is a closer image of the truck on the Bremerton WA ferry landing with the WSF Kalakala unloading during the war.

Name:	PW0954.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1668147

Name:	'36 TRUCK ON MONTGOMERY AT BURWELL.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1668148And a picture of the same truck with it's first owner:

The box in the first pictures was added during the Second World War by the dealer after buying the truck back from Mr. Humes. The truck was later driven to MO to work on the dealers family farm.

Comment

Yep, that's Bremerton for sure, home of the Puget sound Naval shipyards. My grandparents lived there, and we often took the ferry from Seattle to visit. I always liked that old 40's era terminal.

Comment

I didn't look too closely at the ferry last night, but was wondering this am if it was the Kalakala. I was looking for the Studie!!!
            Morris Van Horne
            1954 Commander

Comment

Working...
            X