Starting the Resto Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the Resto Project

It's been over 15 years since my last project. Had a 60 Chevy Impala before. Now i have a 48 Commander. It runs great! The more I drive it the better it runs. Just put the electronic fuel pump on it. Runs even better, but is running a little rich. Had the rims powder coated and new radials on them. Looking for some hub caps like in the picture attached. Trying to decide on what to do with the undercarriage. it is in immaculate shape! I want to clean it up a little and need to figure out what to cover it with.
    Attached Files

Looks like a fun project. I love the suicide doors!
    Tom
    sigpic

Comment

Very cool car. For what it's worth it isn't a Commander, it's a Land Cruiser. That hubcap is from a '42 model.

Comment

I envy you you're Land Cruiser, it was absolutely top of the line. I drove a '50 in the mid '50s, driving a '55 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Barr View Post
          I want to clean it up a little and need to figure out what to cover it with.

I used a spray on truck bed liner for the underside of my 53. There are also spray-on undercoatings that will work but the bed liner stuff seems to be perfect for spraying the undersides of the body. Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X