PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Car Thief Arrested

DEEPNHOCK
05-23-2011, 05:51 AM
(Just north of Charlotte)

http://davidsonnews.net/2011/05/22/man-charged-with-stealing-collectors-cars-in-river-run/

(copy)
Man charged with stealing collectorís cars in River Run (http://davidsonnews.net/2011/05/22/man-charged-with-stealing-collectors-cars-in-river-run/)

Posted on 22 May 2011.
http://davidsonnews.net/files/2011/05/052011PATTERSONMaurice.jpg Maurice Patterson

http://davidsonnews.net/files/2010/03/special-buttons_blotter1.gifDavidson police have arrested a 20-year-0ld Huntersville man on charges related to the theft of two old cars from a collector in Davidsonís River Run neighborhood. Maurice Demarion Patterson was freed on $60,000 bond after his arrest on Wednesday, May 18.
Mr. Patterson is charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, and two counts of possessing a stolen vehicle.
Davidson Detective Steve Ingram said police made the arrest after a tip from Huntersville police to check a home in the 18000 block of River Ford Drive in River Run for a possible break-in. When they arrived, they found the homeís doors and garage door open.
After investigation, they found that a 1958 Studebaker and a newer Ford Thunderbird were missing. The cars, valued at $20,000 each, were recovered after Mr. Pattersonís arrest. Also missing were home electronics worth $1,000.
Davidson police interviewed Mr. Patterson in Huntersville and made the arrest. Det. Ingram said the department is continuing to investigate.

BobPalma
05-23-2011, 06:26 AM
With a $20,000 evaluation, we know the 1958 Studebaker must've been a Golden Hawk. <GGG>

JRoberts
05-23-2011, 07:15 AM
And the beat goes on..... At least this time they caught the thief, but how did he do this by himself? Most importantly the cars were recovered.

DEEPNHOCK
05-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Excellent question detective Roberts..
How does one guy steal two cars?
And why did he have $6k cash on him for bail?

And the beat goes on.....
At least this time they caught the thief, but how did he do this by himself?
Most importantly the cars were recovered.

65cruiser
05-23-2011, 08:08 AM
$6,000? The article said $60,000. How much you want to bet most of that was ill-gotten gain money?

starliner62
05-23-2011, 08:29 AM
$6000.00 will get you out of jail with a $60,000 bond using a bail/bond man (usually 10% of the bond amount). I wonder how Jeff knew that? I wonder how I knew that????

wolfie
05-23-2011, 08:59 AM
YEAH good guys! Glad he was caught. Now if the judge will do his duty maybe one more car theif will be gone for a while. Steve

Corvanti
05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
"Det. Ingram said the department is continuing to investigate."
usually means, "looking for the other suspects"...

don't get me started on low bail bonds... :mad:

wolfie
05-23-2011, 09:16 AM
"Det. Ingram said the department is continuing to investigate."
usually means, "looking for the other suspects"...

don't get me started on low bail bonds... :mad:

The neighbor that stole Tracys truck went to court several times and asked for a continuance which he was granted each time. He and his family left in the middle of the night about a year ago and havent been heard from since. He has been out on a signature bond since he was arrested for the theft. Now there is an order for arrest since he missed his last court date but I am told he still wont have to post bond to be released IF they find him. Steve

65cruiser
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
They should cut off that guys nu*s off and feed them into the intake of a McCullough.

starliner62
05-23-2011, 06:10 PM
That would be messy!

They should cut off that guys nu*s off and feed them into the intake of a McCullough.

Studedude
05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Why remove 'em first??

Bamajak
05-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Let's dont be a picking on us Charlotte folks.................

raprice
05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Good police work.
Rog

kurtruk
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
YEAH good guys! Glad he was caught. Now if the judge will do his duty maybe one more car theif will be gone for a while. Steve

In Fresno our car thieves are caught and released the same night. Some are caught twice in the same night. Our jail is full. Top floors are closed due to no money to staff it. Only violent offenders are kept locked up. :mad::mad::mad:

COMMANDERPINK1
05-23-2011, 07:35 PM
How are you presumed innocent and allowed bail if you give up the info on where you have the stolen cars??? Something is wrong in this world.
Tom

8E12T6
05-23-2011, 08:23 PM
OH MY, that is getting too close to home. (bout 15 miles) Saw an add on craigslist for a VW for sale best offer, come n git it. Fellow said it had been parked since 92 and thought he would fire it up; that is until he discovered TWO snakes inside. I like to keep black snakes around the hay shed so I just might have to start parking the Champ and Cruiser out there. I know how much those thieves just love snakes. Thankful that the cars were recovered and good to know that there is another Studebaker Owner that close by.

JRoberts
05-23-2011, 09:13 PM

Two problems with this as I see it. They shouldn't be detached before feeding them in the supercharger and secondly it could ruin a perfectly good supercharger.

E. Davis
05-23-2011, 09:16 PM
With a $20,000 evaluation, we know the 1958 Studebaker must've been a Golden Hawk. <GGG>

Oh, I know a lot of finned Hawks worth $20,000.00. I have my 61 insured for 25K and I wouldn't sell it for any less.

Corvanti
05-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Now there is an order for arrest since he missed his last court date but I am told he still wont have to post bond to be released IF they find him. Steve

if he "failed to appear", the order for arrest bond should have whatever amount the judge presiding in court that day ordered.
"your state may vary"... :p

fastfritz
05-24-2011, 04:23 PM
$6000.00 will get you out of jail with a $60,000 bond using a bail/bond man (usually 10% of the bond amount). I wonder how Jeff knew that? I wonder how I knew that????

You have been watching too many episodes of Dog-The Bounty Hunter :p

Having had my Jeep stolen TWICE in 3 years, I have no compassion for this punk. At least the police arrested him. In my town, they have a "no pursuit" policy. And as the detective told me when they recovered my Jeep the first time ($7000 damage):" If nobody was murdered in the vehicle, or with the vehicle, the vehicle is recovered, we consider it 'CASE CLOSED'." He didn't even have to put down his cup of coffee to "solve" this crime................ :mad: :mad:

wolfie
05-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Just curious if anyone knows the owner of the stolen cars. Steve

wolfie
05-25-2011, 04:51 PM
if he "failed to appear", the order for arrest bond should have whatever amount the judge presiding in court that day ordered.
"your state may vary"... :p

The lady we have been speaking with in the court system (sorry, I dont know her title or if she has one) said there was not a specified bond for the OFA. She said it would be the magistrate on duty's discretion as to whether to release him or order a bond before release. She indicated that most likely he would be ordered to appear the morning after he was re-arrested and released on a signature bond. There was a chance they would hold him overnight to ensure he would appear the next morning but it wasnt likely. He entered a pre-trial intervention program so that may have some bearing. At any rate something official should have happened over a year ago. Steve

Corvanti
05-25-2011, 08:56 PM
The lady we have been speaking with in the court system (sorry, I dont know her title or if she has one) said there was not a specified bond for the OFA. She said it would be the magistrate on duty's discretion as to whether to release him or order a bond before release. She indicated that most likely he would be ordered to appear the morning after he was re-arrested and released on a signature bond. There was a chance they would hold him overnight to ensure he would appear the next morning but it wasnt likely. He entered a pre-trial intervention program so that may have some bearing. At any rate something official should have happened over a year ago. Steve

we used to have one judge that would leave it to the magistrates to set bond - he's no longer here. pre-trial release personnel usually will want them back on that - they need the "numbers" to protect their "phony baloney" jobs. magistrates will sometimes take into account how full the county jail is prior to setting a bond. most times the arresting officer will have to advise the mag. of prior f.t.a.'s or absconding supervision to get a "decent" bond... if he moved out of state, it's up to the state(s) involved whether or not he is even extraditable.
ok, i've probably said too much...
again, all states, counties, and personnel vary.