Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '52 Starliner breaks cover at Paris

Hi all--

Found out at the last minute that the Johnny Be Good's Diner cruise at Paris, Ontario, was running yesterday, so drove out in the Lark and got a nice surprise on arrival...the first Paris cruise for a Brantford-based '52 Starliner that's recently been returned to the road after several years as a garage queen. Talked at some length with the couple who own the car. They also have an Avanti II project (the wheels from which are on the '52); they hope to make Paris with the '52 most weeks now. The engine in the car is the stock 169ci flathead Champion six. Iffy weather meant the turnout yesterday was modest but even so the folks with the '52 were pleased with the venue. Here are a few pix...

Lark and Starliner

Closer view of the '52

Rear aspect

Interior

S.

As always: Stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by fatboylust View Post
      As always: Stunning!
      You know I agree. Pretty cool to see those wheels on there - I like!
      Now my usual request - see if you can get the owner to drop me a line at the link in my signature, so I can add that fine automobile to the 52 hardtop registry.

Comment

Steve , you do some tricky shots there?
        One front shot has no "STUDEBAKER" emblem on it then the next shot does??????
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bob--

Yeah...I wondered if anyone would notice that! Just after I arrived, the '52's owner noticed another guy taking a closeup of the car's front end; he popped the Studebaker script onto that side of the hood for the pix. The Champion script is actually attached, but the Stude one isn't as yet, so it stays in the car when it's on the move.

I am learning Photoshop techniques at college, though, so probably could edit-out a detail like that if I were doing a "trick" post...

Dan--

I'll see if I can put you in touch. It sounded like the '52 was going to begin appearing at that cruise regularly, so it should be no trouble...I might even be able to get the relevant data myself.

S.

Comment

Those '52 Starliners are beautiful cars. Wish I owned one.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
            X