Motorhead Hi-Z Motor Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorhead Hi-Z Motor Oil

I know there has been numorous discussions in this forum regarding Shell/Rotella as well as several other brands of motor oil with Zinc and Phosphorous content. I received my September issue of TW today and on page 62 there is an advertisement for Motorhead Hi-Z Motor Oil it says that it has approximately 55% Zinc and 45% Phosphorous according to the adv. Shell/Rotella has 0.14% Zinc and 0.13% Phosphorous. Has anyone here had any experiance with the Motorhead oil and/or heard any pros or cons ? Apparently this is a new vendor in TW, as I haven't seen this adv before.

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

I asked a friend who is a Mustang '6' man about the lowering of the two stress bearing elements. He wrote Shell, they indicate the lowering is correct but they have other high stress components to take the place of the zinc and phosphorous. STP has zinc compounds in it , will STP help ?

Comment

I asked a friend who is a Mustang '6' man about the lowering of the two stress bearing elements. He wrote Shell, they indicate the lowering is correct but they have other high stress components to take the place of the zinc and phosphorous. STP has zinc compounds in it , will STP help ?

Comment

The 'old' Rotella (CI+ rated) is still available at retail, in containers up to 5 gallons. The 50 gallon drums are supposedly the new CJ stuff-- but I saw an 'old' drum at Sam's Club last weekend. Shell is planning to phase out even the small containers starting in October. Stock up now; by the time you run dry, somebody will likely have figured out what to do next.

51 Commander State Sedan
        Worthington PA

51 Commander State Sedan
        Butler PA

Comment

The 'old' Rotella (CI+ rated) is still available at retail, in containers up to 5 gallons. The 50 gallon drums are supposedly the new CJ stuff-- but I saw an 'old' drum at Sam's Club last weekend. Shell is planning to phase out even the small containers starting in October. Stock up now; by the time you run dry, somebody will likely have figured out what to do next.

51 Commander State Sedan
          Worthington PA

51 Commander State Sedan
          Butler PA

Comment

Hello fellas, I am the SDC member who placed that MotorHead Classic motor oil ad in Turning Wheels. If that ad says 55% Zinc and 45% Phosphorous, then it was talking about the chemical make-up of ZDDP itself, not our motor oil. Our oil is enriched with 1250 ppm of zinc and 1250 ppm phosphorous MINIMUM (1500 ppm typical. That works out to 0.125% zinc and 0.125% phosphorous (again, minimums). I hope that clears up any confusion. We now also offer MotorHead ZBoost, which is our ZDDP additive, now available as a separate item (FREE POSTAGE), so that you can now boost the zinc and phos. levels of store-bought oil, if you prefer to do that. Details are available on our website: WWW.MotorHeadOil.com

Comment

WAY OT-

Hi Phil! Good to hear from you!

Don't be a stranger.....

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
              X