1944 m-29 "Weasel" motor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1944 m-29 "Weasel" motor!

I have a NOS Champ motor for Studebaker Weasel, I thought about selling. I have had this motor in my garage for about the last 20 or so years. Anyone have any idea what it might be worth to a Weasel nut?Also anyone know if this motor fits any other Stude model cars? Thanks, Alan Gobel, new poster.

Originally posted by studeweasel View Post
    I have a NOS Champ motor for Studebaker Weasel, I thought about selling. I have had this motor in my garage for about the last 20 or so years. Anyone have any idea what it might be worth to a Weasel nut?Also anyone know if this motor fits any other Stude model cars? Thanks, Alan Gobel, new poster.

Alan; Welcome to the forum. Does yours look like the one above?? The engine was taken from prewar Studebaker Champion so it will fit all the Champions up to the early '50s. Of course the generator manifold and distributor would have to be replaced. These engines were being sold at Standard Surplus for many years even up into the 1980s as I recall.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

As we know, the Weasel motor is a modified Champion motor. I don't know why I remember this, but back in '97, during the Stude Int'l Meet, I saw a brand new Weasel motor in the crate at SASCO. I wonder whatever happened to that motor.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

After last year Veteran's Day parade, Anne Goodman's son said someone in the Fresno area was looking for a Weasel engine to restore their Weasel with.

What is your location?
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I am in San Diego. They could contact me by Email, lebogla@yahoo.com Thank You for the lead! Alan. lebogla, (read it backwards) Ha Ha. Al Gobel

Comment

Must be a Weasel engine, there is weasel bait on the floor.

Comment

Working...
            X