Stolen EMF Recovered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen EMF Recovered!

Nice to see the good guys win every once in a while. I hope they are able to get the rare trim stuff back.

Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Thanks, Evan. What a senseless act.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Bethel Island is about 20 miles from Pittsburg. Genius thieves again. Good that the owner stayed diligent. Now, did they sell the brass for scrap? Probably. Metal prices going up again. Lots of street lights have gone dark again in my neighborhood. City has no money to replace the wiring or staff to do it.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I'm glad they caught the s.o.b. Those brass pieces will be difficult to replace though. It's amazing that people like that even exist. They don't give a damn how much they hurt innocent people. I hope they throw the book at him.
        I'd love to be on that jury.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I also am glad the person was caught.

I believe a specific stolen thread should be here on the SDC site, so we all can be diligent catching thiefs.

Its been proposed.

Comment

55s, I agree. We need a stolen car/parts section. Now, if I could just remember where I saw that thread..............

Comment

Thanks, Evan!

That closes the case on these threads about it: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-another-board

Craig

Comment

Was that pacific northwest '63 wagon ever found?

Comment

Also, isn't there a missing 38, out in California somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
                    The '38 Commander 4-door was missing from central Indiana as of January 31...but for all we know, it could be in California by now! BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
                      The one missing from that area is a 40 or 41 coupe. Steve

EDIT: there was also an Avanti that vanished from a storage facility about the same time as the 41. It was white with a tangerine interior and I want to say it was in Tennessee. I also remember a post about a Stude from the 20's that was stolen from the northern states or southern Canada. I never heard of any of these three being recovered. Steve
                      Last edited by wolfie; 05-19-2011, 11:10 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

See, we really do need a stolen, missing car category.

Comment

There is a reason I have a removable steering wheel...
                          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                          Lizella, GA

Comment

I think you would find that a seperate forum for stolen vehicles would not be as effective as posting them here. How many people actually go to forums other than this one and Stove Huggers, very often? I for one do not but I do look at any post about a stolen vehicle that is posted here. Just my opinion.....
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                              I think you would find that a seperate forum for stolen vehicles would not be as effective as posting them here. How many people actually go to forums other than this one and Stove Huggers, very often? I for one do not but I do look at any post about a stolen vehicle that is posted here. Just my opinion.....
                              Good point, Joe; I agree. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X