Overdrive Governor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Overdrive Governor

I am working on my overdrive on my '55 Champion Sedan and believe my problem may be in the governor.
    I called Studebaker International and they said there were 2 governors for the '55, a Red one and a Yellow one and ask that I look to see what color mine was. I looked and if there ever was any paint it is gone now. Do any of you know what color I might need for a late '55 Champion Sedan 6 cyl.?
    Thanks for any and all advice.
    Benny

Two different manufacturers supplied the governors then. The 'paint' was just a daub on the governor cover to identify the maker. You can check the cover for traces of color and look for any marks or numbers too. A Bendix cover may be plastic, and the Auto-Lite cover metal. One cover has three mounting screws and the other has four. The parts will not interchange, but if you are replacing the complete governor, either one will work.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will check out what you have told me and I do appericate the responce. I was beginning to think that SI had me on a "Wild Goose Chase". This club is truly GREAT, I knew that somebody out there would understand what they were telling me.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X