Valve Spring Micrometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Valve Spring Micrometer

I'm putting the heads back together for my 259 and I'm looking for a good valve spring micrometer. Does anyone have a source for a good made in the USA mic?

Nick

Summit or Speedway (they are on-line)
    Paul TK

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Keller View Post
      Summit or Speedway (they are on-line)
      Paul TK
      I've checked both of their websites, but neither say where they are made. Plus I'm looking for some feedback from someone that has one that they like.

Nick

Comment

Ha...good luck...!

The Stude has too long a spring height.
        You'll have to get the longer of the two mic's available, then when you go to use it, you have to use about a .250" spacer to to set fully into the spring pocket, then the micrometer and the retainer/locks.

As far as I've seen...that's it.

If you can find one to properly fit the long Stude setup, please let me know.
        As far as where...they are made...I'd bet there is only a coulpa manufacturers and MANY names get ingraved into them.

I bought mine from Comp. Cams. Yea, I paid a little more...but like you say....just hedging my bets on accuracy...!

Mike

P.S. - It's been a while, but more than longer/shorter...you need to get the smaller base diameter to fit the pocket, unless you make a special spacer.

Comment

Working...
        X