Sand blast cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand blast cabinet

The exhaust fan on my sand blast cabinet quit working.
    Does anyone know where I may be able to buy a replacement.
    I searched Ebay for one and could not find.
    Are they outlawed?

I know that some use their ShopVacs, I would like to avoid that.

My current exhaust fan was vented to outside and worked great until now.

Thanks

Paul

Perhaps a home-improvement or hardware store would have one if it is similar to a household type unit (like a bathroon or kitchen exhaust fan?).
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by pszikszai View Post
      The exhaust fan on my sand blast cabinet quit working.
      Does anyone know where I may be able to buy a replacement.
      I searched Ebay for one and could not find.
      Are they outlawed?

I know that some use their ShopVacs, I would like to avoid that.

My current exhaust fan was vented to outside and worked great until now.

Thanks

Paul
      Paul

This is the type I use in my shop. Mine's a little larger as it is connected to a 4" ducting system that my blaster and other shop tools are connected to. I use a 30 gallon plastic barrel before the fan to collect large and heavy items. I don't have a bag on mine, it's vented into the woods behind my shop.

This is Harbor Freight but I'd think Sears or other Home Centers would carry them.

Works great.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by pszikszai View Post
        [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The exhaust fan on my sand blast cabinet quit working.<<<
        Paul, the brushes on my dust collector's (exhaust) motor wear down very fast in that kind of environment. Depending on how much use it sees AND what type(s) of media I've used, I end up replacing brushes every couple years. It's all pretty simple to do & painless $-wise.

Or …you could simply take the motor to Enyart Electric Motor Service on Sample St. and have them do it for you or get you a new direct replacement motor.

Either way, you could be back blasting Monday or Tuesday. Good luck!!!
        Last edited by Welcome; 05-07-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
          I will try to fix it first.
          If that does not work I will try Harbor freight.

Paul

Comment

May I suggest an inline ductwork fan. They come in various sizes.

Comment

A small business used to be located in Buchanan, MI that manufactured sandblasters. Can't recall the name of the business, but I think the family name was Dreitzler. You could call the Buchanan Chamber of Commerce to info. May have parts or leads.
              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                A small business used to be located in Buchanan, MI that manufactured sandblasters. Can't recall the name of the business, but I think the family name was Dreitzler. You could call the Buchanan Chamber of Commerce to info. May have parts or leads.
                Bob, I bought mine from Cyclone Mfg. in Dowagiac, MI (about 15 miles N.E. of Buchanan). Could that be the place you were thinking of???

I get my supplies & replacement parts there too. Here is a link:
                http://www.cycloneblasters.com/index.html

Comment

Blastmaster makes them and they are very heavy duty and ready for work.

Comment

Working...
                  X