PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Zone Meet new directions....

studeguy54
05-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Now is the time to make your reservations for the Atlantic Zone Meet in July, following the International Meet in Springfield!!

Information on the meet can be found at http://zonemeet.sdckeystoneregion.com/. Our host hotel, the Eisenhower Inn is approximately 3/4 full at this time, but reservations can be made through our meet site or by calling them direct at 717-334-8121 to receive the $105/night rate (mention you are with the Studebaker Drivers Club or AOAI to receive the rate). Stay a bit after to the meet, visit Gettysburg and the surrounding area and receive a $40/night savings!

Directions to the hotel have changed due to current reconstruction and repair of a nearby bridge approximately 2 miles from the Eisenhower. Please go to: http://www.eisenhower.com/directions.php for updated directions to the hotel. It's a beautiful community unspoiled by commercial development.

studegary
05-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks. I had already noticed the directions on the hotel site. However, your mention of "3/4 full" got me in gear. I had been planning to call and make reservations at the host hotel, but hadn't gotten "'round toit". Upon reading your post, I went to the web site and made reservations at the host hotel. I was unable to click on the address for connection or drag it up to go to the site. I finally typed in the information and got to the meet site and then the hotel site. The reservation was simple, once I got to the site. See you all at the meet(s).

studeguy54
05-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Gary,

Honestly, we are well on our way to filling the hotel at this point. It's nice to be able to stay where all the activity is taking place. We're not trying to cram the schedule so full that you don't have time to take in the countryside, which is beautiful. Glad you are joining us.

Now, the rest of you....get busy!!!!

JRoberts
05-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Gary there are at least three cars (at least 7 people) coming up from southeastern North Carolina. We are planning to come into the Gettysburg area on U.S.15 from the south. The description giving directions from Gettysburg seems to indicate that the bridge that is going through some construction will be on 15 where we have to travel. Any suggestions for us?

rusty65
05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the heads-up.Just got finished making my reservation.See ya there!!

studeguy54
05-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Joe,

The easiest way to get to the meet, of course, would have been to get off the first exit in Pennsylvania, but that road will take you to a dead-end....the bridge is being replaced. Coming from the south, take Rte 15 North to Taneytown Road Exit. Turn right off ramp onto Taneytown Road. Turn right onto Barlow-Greenmount Road. Turn Left onto Emmitsburg Road. The Eisenhower Hotel and Conference Center on the left.

If you are coming to the meet from another direction, go here and you'll find specific directions to the meet.

http://www.eisenhower.com/directions.php

jg61hawk
05-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Wow you got me excited there for a minute until I realized this post was bumped from 2011. The good old Atlantic Zone no meets.

rockne10
05-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Jim,
Since you are the one who bumped this thread from 2011, I suggest you contact Paul Johnson regarding your proposal to host an Atlantic Zone Meet. The 2011 Meet at Gettysburg was incredibly well attended, in conjunction with the AOAI National Meet; and the Atlantic Zone is certainly due for another. Thanks for stepping up. Depending on the date you set, I can probably be there.

tim333
05-08-2017, 06:43 PM
I bumped the thread with a message to Denny Faust because I thought the thread was from May 9th of this year....I deleted my post which was in front of Jim.

Guido
05-08-2017, 08:46 PM
I bumped the thread with a message to Denny Faust because I thought the thread was from May 9th of this year....I deleted my post which was in front of Jim.

At least in Virginia, May 9th is tomorrow...

tim333
05-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Funny, I can laugh at myself too

jts359
05-09-2017, 06:23 AM
There is No Beachwood show this year either , Due to lack of attendance , Ed

Avantidon
05-09-2017, 06:57 AM
Jim, since you'd like to have an Atlantic Zone Meet as I would why not get your chapter to step up and host one? If they won't why won't you take the lead and host one? There are people who'd help but someone or some chapter needs to take the lead. You got some ideas on a location PM me. Ed, thanks for all of the years and hard work you have put into Beachwood but understand your thoughts and position.

jg61hawk
05-10-2017, 08:21 PM
I didn't bump the thread nor did I run for office saying there would be meets. I have donated 2500 dollars to the Coming Full Campaign, driven to the Northeast Zone meets, given away over $4,000 in parts and been a member since 1981. I have attended every meet in my area and beyond. I still work about 50 hours a week, so NO I don't run meets and I have thanked those who have. But at 60 years of age I ain't about to have some sarcastic crap thrown my way either. I've pulled the cart with what I've offered. I offer what I can, and I Know I have no time.

Avantidon
05-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Sorry if you took my comments the wrong way as they were not aimed at you. Many of us like you have done much for this club. I have been a member since the mid 70's and am a little older as well. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to run another Zone or International Meet and if I could i would. Again, sorry if I offended you as it was not intentional.

jg61hawk
05-11-2017, 04:49 PM
I'm not offended at all. I've never met anyone with a Studebaker I didn't like. I probably took the advice to run my own my meet the wrong way. Come mere give me a big ol man hug! OUOH you smell like exhaust!

Besides it's all Tim333's fault...he don't even know what year it is.

Avantidon
05-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Love you man and I'll hug you the next time I see you. Get to Central Virginia give me a call as you are always welcome to stay with us and look at the toys in our garages

tim333
05-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I just looked at May 9 in the post, didn't notice the year.