Pat Skelly '60 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Skelly '60 Hawk

Stopped at Pat Skelly's place for a little bit this afternoon.
    He was just getting done putting new points and condensor in his '60 Hawk.
    Had it on the charger, just to make sure the new battery wouldn't get run down.
    Squirted a little gas in the carb and hit the remote starter switch.
    Started right up like it had been started last week.
    Except it has been two years since last fired up, and the gas stank like it.
    But, the engine settled in and ran real, real smooth.
    Smoked just a teeny bit, but an oil change and fresh gas will most likely clear that up.
    Pat said he was going to spend the weekend cleaning it up, and prepping it for sale on Ebay, or something like that.....Unless someone talks nice to him.
    He's set on selling it to allow him to get started on his '37 coupe project.
    Sure was good to hear that Stude Hawk purr...
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

For forty years, any Stude I owned could sit for several years, fire right up and drive away. With today's pump fuel, it is a crap shoot if a car is stored over the winter whether it will run at all come spring.

First time I had a problem, I spent an entire weekend troubleshooting an Avanti. Finally determined there was nothing wrong with the ignition or carburetor, just the crap sold at the pump for $4 a gallon these days. Put fresh fuel in and it ran perfectly.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Working...
    X