Help, need an R1 oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, need an R1 oil pan

ugly, minor dents, or missing the breather is fine. I have a breather. getting ready to build my engine, and trying to gather the last of the parts I'll need.
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Check with Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker I believe he has them new if you don't find a used one.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
      Check with Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker I believe he has them new if you don't find a used one.
      He is showing up at South Bend with one for me. I don't know if it will be an original but I know he had one last week when I bought it. Good luck.

Allen
      1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
        He is showing up at South Bend with one for me. I don't know if it will be an original but I know he had one last week when I bought it. Good luck.

Allen
        Wish I had known that he had them. That's the one thing I had just given up on finding before I let the air cleaner go. How's her convertible coming along, Allen?

Comment

Hey Dave, Ive been swamped with University with 5 courses to go for my degree. I thought I would have gotten something done during reading week but got distracted with a renovation at Caroline's Mom house. I've been working on a New set of heads for my Hawk. Got a 4.55 TT carrier for that axles I bought from your friend and a set of axles coming from Phil as well. The Pure Stocks are going to be too much fun with the rear end installed. We've spent all the money from last summers Ocean City accident on parts for the new drive train and Turner braking system for the Lark. I will have enough time this summer in between another course to get a lot of work done on Caroline's Convertible. Right now I am sorry to report, physically I have done nothing to the car. Rather disappointing but we just have to look toward the summer and get the drivetrain in and running. Are you making it to South Bend? We are at Comfort Inn South Thursday to Sunday and are driving the Hawk.
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
            Are you making it to South Bend? We are at Comfort Inn South Thursday to Sunday and are driving the Hawk.
            I installed my new turn signal harness (thanks to 41 Frank) last night to alleviate the occasional brake light gremlin and am running a new fuel line to the tank after work tonight. I am hoping to give all of those items, my newly tweaked carb & freshly adjusted valves a good test during a three hour drive to Myer's tech meet tomorrow. If successful I will see you two with it in South Bend.

I like the Comfort Inn, but I like the garage option at the Holiday Inn better. Plus, a little longer morning drive through SB to the Fairgrounds with a Studebaker always completes the experience for me. See you there. Glad you found an R1 oil pan for your project. That was a good tip for allstateguy.
            Last edited by barnlark; 04-30-2011, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X