Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lark 63 , which color for the car seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Lark 63 , which color for the car seats?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1963Studabaker029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1733345Click image for larger version

Name:	1963Studabaker026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1733346

It looks very different, mine seems not to be original, is there any color table for the interior ? Outside rose mist.

Thanks
    Walter

80 Fiat Spider
    63 Lark Regal 4 Dr. sold 2015
    60 Hawk sold 2017 in England
    56 Golden Hawk
    56 Corvette (John Cougar Mellencamp's C1)
    68 Volvo P1800S
    56 Jaguar XK 140 DHC

http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi/

Originally posted by Santosh View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8922[/ATTACH]

It looks very different, mine seems not to be original, is there any color table for the interior ? Outside rose mist.

Thanks
    The door panels are, but the seats are not. That color was called 'Chestnut'.

Craig

Comment

I'm guessing that your nice looking "tan" seats are recovered.....very nicely, tho....nothing works well inside a Rose Mist car like the original which are the exact same color as your door panels. Phantom Auto has loads of that original Stude vinyl and cloth and can do you very right for a steep and excellent price. I know that some cars were delivered with red and probably green and black or brown...or whatever the line decided to throw into a car to make it out the door....Its hard to believe some of the combos I've (we've) seen over the years.....Seems many owners were color blind or those (then) odd conbos were somewhere popular......who knows....I personally like seeing the odd, factory combos...fits in with the "different by design" concept...tho I would never have ordered or bought one that way.....but today with old car nostalgia and all...to me they look good and odd.....but thats what we like about our marque....

Comment

Do you want your car original. Do you like the seat color or the door color. My car had bad seats so I had them redone. I changed the color form the original which had a pink in it. You can see the difference here. I changed the color of the door panels with a vinyl paint/dye in a spray can. You can see the original colors here. I liked them but the more I used the car the more the interior broke down. The car had not been used much, it had only 29k miles, so when I started using it the interior fell apart from dry rot. The only color I changed was the pink to a desert sand color the rest was just cleaned well.

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
          I'm guessing that your nice looking "tan" seats are recovered
          No guessing there! Studebaker Lark upholstery never had Vertical pleats like that.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Perhaps you would like those here with 1963 Larks to post photographs of their original front seats to show you the correct pleat patterns that were available? Or are you only interested in original seat colors?
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Here is a picture of a 63 2 door in my lot at the shop, just done in original as I was told.

and then the ones in my 63 standard.

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

It depends on where your car was assembled. If it came from d'Ieteren Freres in Belgium the upholstery is how they decided it should be, the Australien (german spelling) upholstery was different to the American one as well.

Best thing is to do it as you like it best.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Will be bringing a set of rear seats for a lark to springfield mo. rose mist in very good cond. if anyone is intrested, Mac.

Comment

Working...
                  X